Tanks Thread, ID german tank equipment in Automobiles; Hello all,
I'm have rekindled my interest in 1/35 scale military vehicles after a 25 year layoff. I have dusted ...
ID german tank equipment
I'm have rekindled my interest in 1/35 scale military vehicles after a 25 year layoff. I have dusted off some old kits in the box, and purchased some new ones.
The questions I have are regarding some pieces of equipment I find my self installing without knowing what they are. I hope one of you patient historians will educate me. Thanks in advance.
1. Some of the AFV had what appears to be a wooden box with metal reinforced edges mounted on the fender or hull sides. See photo 3 and 2.)( Tamiya Marder III M)
2. What is the "c" shaped metal bit miounted on the Tiger tank rear hull? ( Dragon, kingtiger) See color photo 1.
3. What was the perforated metal "grouser box" used for ?
Originally Posted by wds
Posting photos can be tricky to begin with but you'll get the hang of it.
To answer your questions
1. The wooden block is simply a jack block. Made of harwood and steel banded for strength.
2. The C thing is a C hook towing clevis to join chains and towing cables to tow points on the tank
3. The gouser box would be used to hold the gousers lol... Track extensions to provide extra bite.
Hope this helps.
Thanks that is just what I was looking for.
By davethepitch in forum Chit-Chat
Last Post: 13-08-2008, 11:10