1/125 SCALE U-BOAT WRECK MODEL...COMMISION BUILD.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
wow that's awesome a real rust bucket! Pardon the pun. I'll look at some paints and rust pigments I have and see what I can come up with but don't hold your breath heh
Robert⏰⏰⏰
This is how I made mine.

Model made.

Coated in grey primer.

Then I used: Rail rust, Old rust, New rust. Once done it was gently rubbed back in places using some kitchen towel. Once dry it was coated in matt varnish.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
This is how I made mine.
Model made.

Coated in grey primer.

Then I used: Rail rust, Old rust, New rust. Once done it was gently rubbed back in places using some kitchen towel. Once dry it was coated in matt varnish.
Did you use Vallejo paints ?as that's the way I'm going now although have revel acrylics and tamiya acrylics and a selection of mig and life colour and a few enamels ( humbrol

D

dougie

\ said:
Thanks Peter, I must admit if you want it knackered then I can do it rather well lol.
That made me laugh but it's not true.

those pics look fantastic. No wonder you got a commission

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Nice work Si, you are the master of rust and grime :smiling3:
Cheers Joe, very kind to say so.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
That made me laugh but it's not true.
those pics look fantastic. No wonder you got a commission
I'll get big headed at this rate...but I know what you mean...:rolleyes: :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
wow that's awesome a real rust bucket! Pardon the pun. I'll look at some paints and rust pigments I have and see what I can come up with but don't hold your breath heh
Robert⏰⏰⏰
Here's a tip Robert if your going to do a a shell hit like it's been knocked out and you have a cordless drill with a variable speed you can get these from a hardware shop these ones cost me £3 and you get various ones in the pack View attachment 107421

all you do is rub it back and forth on the area inside the kit on a low speed and ware it away , keep holding it up to the light and when you can see the light coming through stop , you can then punch a hole in the plastic or cut it very easy with a knife to get this look View attachment 107427

as you can see it gives a pretty good impact hole :smiling3:
image.jpg

image.jpg

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I have a dremmel kit ( similar ) with a million attachments and yes I'm writing all this down to plink into the kit box for another project but you defo got me ears twitching on this and the imagination is running now. Think I remember in Russia they pulled a T34 out of a lake a few years ago and that looked well rusted and grimly

All hail the king of the rust bucket Si !!!!

Hahagaga

Robert