1/24 1950 Alfa Romeo Alfetta

J

just dave

Hi all, not been on here for a long time. I had a short break from modelling as other things came up but I finally got this kit finished! Its a 1950 Alfa Romeo Alfetta Formula One car, the type driven by Juan Manuel Fangio.

I picked the kit up cheap from a shop I stumbled upon in Lincoln while we were there for a weekend break. It wasn't the most well made kit and I usually steer clear of cars but I fancied building a Formula One machine from the 50s/60s and this fitted the bill..

Any comments/suggestions appreciated. Enjoy!

2017-02-02 13.30.37.jpg 2017-01-25 12.19.31.jpg 2017-01-25 12.22.03.jpg 2017-01-25 12.22.33.jpg 2017-01-25 12.24.05.jpg

F

Fenlander

I like that, nicely done. I prefer these older cars to the modern race cars, they just have so much character.

J

just dave

Thank you for the kind comments, really appreciate it :smiling:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Its an alfa , its red , whats not to love!! Great job dave , i believe its a very old merit tooling thats been round the block more times than the actual racing car!! Its been reboxed by various makers including smer and the one you got. I think you can actually get some aftermarket stuff for these kits including pe and resin wire wheels , cheers tony

T

Trekkie_John

Cracking work Dave, and as Tony says "it's an Alfa".;)

Have fun, John

J

just dave

Its an alfa , its red , whats not to love!! Great job dave , i believe its a very old merit tooling thats been round the block more times than the actual racing car!! Its been reboxed by various makers including smer and the one you got. I think you can actually get some aftermarket stuff for these kits including pe and resin wire wheels , cheers tony

Thanks for the info Tony. I like the idea of some proper wire wheels, the one thing that lets thus kit down the most is the wheels. I'll have to look out for those :smiling3: