1/35 AFV Club M24 Duster

T

TranDuy

Just finished 1/35 scale M42 Duster from AFV Club. Very good kit and it is my first Afvclub model. The only issue im running to is i cant rotate the turret. And everything else is fine. The kit is good and details. Hope you guy like it
Here is my build video :

IMG_0630.jpg
IMG_0632.jpgIMG_0633.jpgIMG_0634.jpgIMG_0637.jpgIMG_0638.jpgIMG_0640.jpg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A big fan of AFV Club and you have done an outstanding job on this model. Wonderful work:thumb2:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The paintwork is a bit light for my taste, but very well done nonetheless.

You say the turret doesn’t rotate. How does it attach to the hull? If it’s with a bayonet fitting (two tabs on the turret and two openings in the turret ring in the hull), then you could just cut the tabs off. As long as you don’t intend to hold the model upside down, this shouldn’t be a problem.

T

TranDuy

That is outstanding Tran
WOW.. fantastic job Tran
A big fan of AFV Club and you have done an outstanding job on this model. Wonderful work:thumb2:

You say the turret doesn’t rotate. How does it attach to the hull? If it’s with a bayonet fitting (two tabs on the turret and two openings in the turret ring in the hull), then you could just cut the tabs off. As long as you don’t intend to hold the model upside down, this shouldn’t be a problem.
Thank you so much guys ^^

T

TranDuy

i know how it connect but when i push the turret in , this area - which i draw in red - stop me from doing so. i can only push the turret down but cant touch the fitting tabs and i cant get it out either

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 14

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A very well done result, and an important test fit lesson learned. There are many modeling lessons to learn. Kind of like painting yourself into a corner. Obvious once you've become victim to it. Always test fit before you've assembled past the point of no return. It's one reason why it is good to clean up sinks, flash & sprue remains before test assembly. Some modelers paint everything at this stage and just clean paint off adhesive locations before final assembly. PaulE

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Beautifully finished, especially guns and turret.

Jim

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
A very well done result, and an important test fit lesson learned. There are many modeling lessons to learn. Kind of like painting yourself into a corner. Obvious once you've become victim to it. Always test fit before you've assembled past the point of no return. It's one reason why it is good to clean up sinks, flash & sprue remains before test assembly. Some modelers paint everything at this stage and just clean paint off adhesive locations before final assembly. PaulE
PaulE, Tell me you did not do that......
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Tran,
Did you paint the turret and hull seperately, if so it could be a build up of paint that needs sanding away. HTH.
Mike

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Got carried away laying tile to a doorway planned as the exit but failed to leave enough room for the door swing to the inside so had to hang from the top of the door to move around it. Not my brightest moment-blamed beer breaks. PaulE

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Lovely modulation style painting Tran. It'll take a while for the old school to appreciate this style that has increased the modelling interest in the East. I like this style as it helps to liven single coloured subjects. Photographs very well with just one light source or neutral lighting in competition halls. Unfortunately in the Northern regions of Europe where the weather is drab, most armoured vehicals tend to look more drab.

I only did a little bit of it in this area...
LO196.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

T

TranDuy

Thank you for the advice :D i did clean up everything , but i paint the turret and the hull separatly. for better weathering and painting . I guess the paint build up and got stuck when assembly together.
Tran,
Did you paint the turret and hull seperately, if so it could be a build up of paint that needs sanding away. HTH.
Mike
YEah , i think its was the problem. But i leave my model stand still anyway :D it dont mind me at all. But i will be more careful next time.
Super painting.
Beautifully finished, especially guns and turret.

Jim
Very nice work:smiling3:.
Thank you so much guys ^^
Lovely modulation style painting Tran. It'll take a while for the old school to appreciate this style that has increased the modelling interest in the East. I like this style as it helps to liven single coloured subjects. Photographs very well with just one light source or neutral lighting in competition halls. Unfortunately in the Northern regions of Europe where the weather is drab, most armoured vehicals tend to look more drab.

I only did a little bit of it in this area...
View attachment 320016

Cheers,
Richard
Thank you so much. I find that modulation make the model look eye catching and it simulate light effect the model so i go for it, but not all model look great in modulation, single tone color will be a savior if the model dont have lot of angle and panel :D This style is not realistic to old modeller so they dont like it so much. Much i dont mind at all, its my painting style so i think its cool ^^