1:35 LEP Up Armoured Scimitar CVR(T)

A

andygh

Oh man, that must really hurt

Such a fantastic model, it must be retrievable :praying:

B

Boldman

Thanks for the kind thoughts guys, I am pleased to say that it does look repairable. It won't be 100% as it was, but it will be 98% okay and some artful work with pigments will hide the rest of the damage.

It was a very hard thing to deal with - I had to just walk away for several hours before I could even bare to look at the damage too closely. basically what had happened was almost all the supports that were attaching the bar armour to the hull were broken and at least one bracket has been lost to the carpet monster. However, all were repairable and the lost one wasn't a major load bearing support and is not very obvious so I'm going to leave it missing. One bar strip on the front left corner has gone missing and will need to be replaced, but all the other breakages were repairable.

Its drying now and the finishing touches will be added tomorrow and I'll attempt to photograph it again. This time I will make sure everything is fastened down...

B

Boldman

So here it is again, bandaged up, repaired and with a properly painted barrel! i was VERY careful setting up the photo booth this evening, but somehow the photos haven't come out quite as well as they did earlier in the week, ahh well... The repairs are not particularly noticeable, unless you know where to look, however I have deliberately left one thing broken... see if you can spot where ;)

First Name
Chris
I feel VC is in order, Herculean effort which has paid off in spades. Awesome job Andrew, excellent work.

Regards

Chris

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Superb recovery there Andrew. I can't spot the broken bit though.

Gern

P

phalinmegob

fantastic job and repair, you cannot tell that it was driven off a cliff.. *****

B

Boldman

Thanks guys, I can't tell you how much of a relief it was being able to repair it!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Come on Andrew! Don't leave us in suspense. Which bit didn't you fix?

Gern

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
superb work buddy on all counts i know they are the smallest part of this cracking dio but love the figures so natural look forward to seein more of your skills

B

Boldman

\ said:
Come on Andrew! Don't leave us in suspense. Which bit didn't you fix?Gern
If you look at the first photo closely you can see that the corner nearest has a bar missing :smiling3: