1/35 s-100

P

phalinmegob

looking great john, i am almost up to the weathering stage with mine,been on it for just under three months now. have struggled with the pe as i have never used it before but you seem to have got the better of it.i have not taken any in progress pics but will post up when finished,just about to start the crew. something for you to watch for john is the tiny stantions on the back deck, ihave snapped and reglued a good few off them now. then i found a website that sells them in brass, too late for me now but if your intersted.....

Rail stanchions, 1 hole stanchion, 2 3 hole stanchions

i reckon 2 hole 25mm would be about right

P

phalinmegob

a question i have to ask is what is the difference between the resin skull cap and the kit supplied one, i thought about getting it but didnt bother as money was tight.. you must love photo etch with the amount you have, mine is virtually out of the box build apart from the rubber dinghy and crew. toying with the idea of a rather large dio including the italeri long dock kits but it would end up about four feet long by about eighteen inches.

J

John Huggins

To be honest the diff is minamul, the rivets are more defined on the resin bridge also wood planks are part of it but iff u have the photo-ech parts it wont look any differant.

The skullbridge in the pic's with eched bit's on is the resin one.

View attachment 52167View attachment 52168View attachment 52169View attachment 52170View attachment 52171View attachment 52172View attachment 52173

Iff i could go back i would not have botherd.

Hope this helps.

John

View attachment 54723

View attachment 54724

View attachment 54725

View attachment 54726

View attachment 54727

View attachment 54728

View attachment 54729

P1040140.jpg

P1040141.jpg

P1040142.jpg

P1040143.jpg

P1040144.jpg

P1040145.jpg

P1040146.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So a sheet of rivet decals and some milliput weld seams would do the trick then. Thanks John, I'll remember that when I start my one.

Ian M

J

John Huggins

Thanks Andrew i will look in my local hobby shop for them.

John

P

phalinmegob

how did you get the helmet holders so nice and round and uniform, mine are a complete mess and as a result i only have three that i can get helmets into.. i also made a bit of a mess of the long thin strips that go on the mine rails.if i ever venture far with pe again i will get myelf one of those hold and fold thingies.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
That is looking great John. A good start mate.

Tony.

J

John Huggins

Hi Gregg, i must confess i have put this to one side for some time being, SWMBO is getting a bit annoyed at all the kits i have left lying around unfinished.

At this i must agree, i have just had a look at whats on the bench unfininshed ;- 95% finished German Staff car, 50% 2x 1/16 Figures, 85% US PT Boat, 60% GB Build, 85% Armoud Train + Trailour with Tank,

30% Royal Sovereign pluss the 60% S-100 so i think she has a point.

I also had the Pink Panther Dio that i just finished to make a bit more room.

Will start again on this as soon as i can.

John

View attachment 78731

P1080478.JPG

Last edited:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Yes, inspection passed John, that looks very good. I think you have got the rust in the right places and with the right amount.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
it looks stunning with out any paint look forward to seeing it though

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks pretty good to me. Just remember that salt water does two things. Makes a lot of thick rust and it is also much darker in colour than freshwater rust.

The effect you have achieved is good.