1/35 Tamiya Panther

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Im living in Saigon. I can only see the M48 Patton :D

I looked at museums in Vietnam a long time ago and the Vietnam History Museum had a M24 Chaffee (ww2) outside next to a Chinook... I think!? Is that not there now? It's been a while!

Lee :smiling4:

T

TranDuy

I looked at museums in Vietnam a long time ago and the Vietnam History Museum had a M24 Chaffee (ww2) outside next to a Chinook... I think!? Is that not there now? It's been a while!

Lee :smiling4:
Hmm.. i can see the M41 Bulldog, and the M48 :D i dont remember there is any Chaffee.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hmm.. i can see the M41 Bulldog, and the M48 :D i dont remember there is any Chaffee.

Ok times have changed, things are moved maybe it's been moved to another museum?

Lee

T

TranDuy

Ok times have changed, things are moved maybe it's been moved to another museum?

Lee
Im sorry for the long reply, i press preview instead of post reply :sad: Well the M24 is moving to nearby Library with Uh-1 and F5 :D

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Do you not have any museums from the Indo China war from the French occupation?
Most (or maybe even all) of the equipment the French left behind got put into service by the South Vietnamese army, rather than put into a museum to a war that was won by an organisation that didn’t end up governing South Vietnam. I have a feeling that by 1975, pretty much every Second World War relic that had been in service in the south, had probably been either destroyed, used for spares, or scrapped.

T

TranDuy

Most (or maybe even all) of the equipment the French left behind got put into service by the South Vietnamese army, rather than put into a museum to a war that was won by an organisation that didn’t end up governing South Vietnam. I have a feeling that by 1975, pretty much every Second World War relic that had been in service in the south, had probably been either destroyed, used for spares, or scrapped.
Hmm , i guess only the 2nd VIetnam war museum is here in my place , im live in the south of Vietnam . i notice that too , i heard rumor that in the war some people saw the Flak 88 of German was uses as an anti air and some Pak in the early stage of the war

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
i guess only the 2nd VIetnam war museum is here in my place , im live in the south of Vietnam
I’ve never been to Vietnam, but from what I’ve seen on TV and the internet, I get the impression most of what’s to be seen in Ho Chi Minh City is 1960/70s ex-American equipment?

i heard rumor that in the war some people saw the Flak 88 of German was uses as an anti air and some Pak in the early stage of the war
It could be that people who don’t know too much about anti-aircraft guns saw Russian 85 mm M1939 guns and mistook them for German 8.8 cm FlaK 36/37 types. After all, they do look pretty similar:

800px-52-К.JPG

31920a000e3be4b9f611cc14138d1292.jpg

T

TranDuy

I’ve never been to Vietnam, but from what I’ve seen on TV and the internet, I get the impression most of what’s to be seen in Ho Chi Minh City is 1960/70s ex-American equipment?

It could be that people who don’t know too much about anti-aircraft guns saw Russian 85 mm M1939 guns and mistook them for German 8.8 cm FlaK 36/37 types. After all, they do look pretty similar:

800px-52-К.JPG

31920a000e3be4b9f611cc14138d1292.jpg
Ohh , they looks very similar , i guess they mistaking with the Flak. In highschool my teacher said that at the first stage of the war , our weapons mostly from China and Russia , some from capture France weapon. And today our military still using old US capture vehicle and ammo, and guns too

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Ohh , they looks very similar , i guess they mistaking with the Flak.
That would be my guess, anyway. I could be wrong, of course.

In highschool my teacher said that at the first stage of the war , our weapons mostly from China and Russia , some from capture France weapon.
And quite a lot of ex-German equipment, but mostly small arms like rifles and machine guns. There are plenty of photographs of NLF and PAVN troops with MG 34 machine guns, for example. I don’t know how or when those were obtained, though — the French probably didn’t bring them, because they used mostly American and French weapons. Here's a very good overview — and it seems you were right, there were some 7.5 cm PaK 40 guns in North Vietnamese service, received from the USSR.