1/72 revell king tiger

A

Aurora

Hello lads, this time i built a king tiger in 1/72 scale. I used humbroll liquid mask and immidiately regretted about my dicision. It was really hard to remove mask w/o damaging plastic and paint. Next time I will use Faber castel Tack-it or something similar to that.

I recon, result is fairly good for a very first camo try :smiling3:

1_zpskp0vgqfx.jpg

4_zpsilk4ukik.jpg

2_zpsuv2sxscz.jpg

5_zpsn7q4oojy.jpg

3_zpsdaprzuqm.jpg

6_zpsbhj2nkfb.jpg

7_zpsmjxjmpgj.jpg

T

Trekkie_John

Why, hello kitty. Looking good there Safak, loving it matey. The camo is spot on and so is the weathering, just right.

Have fun, John

First Name
colin
Nice work safak I really like the paint job mate

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Nice job, i have used maskol and it can be a pain but when it works it looks great.

S

steve scan

Very nice indeed, looks just right to me. Obviously I like it twice as much.

A

Aurora

Nice work safak I really like the paint job mate
Nice job, i have used maskol and it can be a pain but when it works it looks great.
Nice work! I like it ;)
Very nice indeed, looks just right to me. Obviously I like it twice as much.
Thank you all, I am really happy you like this model.
problem about maskol for me was, taking it out. you know scale is 1/72, all the oppenings and holes are very small :smiling3: it dips in it and very hard to take out latex. also on some places maskol was too thin and let it cover paint to leak through. i camouglaged that kind of locations with chipping effects. I also built a t-90ms with same technique, taking out was way more harder than this one due to russian thank's super detailed hull :D I will share pictures of that tank soon with you

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Excellent work. Congrats on sorting out the maskol

A

Aurora

thank you Steve and John. Yeah maskol was a bit problematic for me. well it is good product, i will continue to using it but not on 1/72 armor :D