*Sob* been stupid - lost a part on my 1:72 Academy Spitfire XIV

M

munkster

Managed to idiotically lose (probably been hoovered) one of the exhaust pipe parts off this model - feel like a complete *expletive edited by me* - it's my first proper attempt at modelling since childhood so not sure I'll be able to scratch build anything that looks vaguely good - any other options?

Anyone got any spares???? It's the bit that's essentially a tiny cuboid with a number of equally tiny cylinders coming off at jaunty angles...

:sad:

First Name
Dave
I think your only option is to buy another kit.What do they cost £6?.you could try making one out of a piece of the sprue if you have a set of files,good eye sight and loads of patience.Don't think it's the sort of part that anyone would have in their spares box.Sorry I can't help.

B

Bunkerbarge

If you can break it down into regular shapes you may well be able to manufacture soem thign acceptable. A piece of wood could be used for the rectangular base and either stretched sprue or some sort of tube may be used for the pipes.

This iswhen modelling really gets interesting though, seeing how you can scratchbuild a part to fit, which you may well find could be better than the original. Have a good look around for possible materials and if you don't come up with anything have a look through stock materials such as Evergreen strip, which may well be useable.

P

phalinmegob

i know this is probably gonna sound stupid but have you emptied the hoover out to have a look if it is in their?

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Why don't you contact Academy? They usually have spares like that and can send you one for the price of a postage stamp. They sent me some new decals for my Ju-87 G-2 when the kit didn't have any in it.

Contact Pocketbond Ltd as they are the UK importer for Academy kits

pocketbond@pocketbond.co.uk or phone 01707 391509

M

munkster

Been offline all yesterday, cheers for the suggestions (as always!!!) - will try Pocketbond...