mattytheflyingfish

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matthew
Hi all,

I have just joined this wealth of knowledge because i've hit a wall!

Have finally got round to starting my Airfix Seaking HC4 (only taken over a year!!!!) and having served on the Junglie squadrons, i wanted to make it a little special!

Am planning on an arctic "eagle base" scene, with the aircraft bagged up ( hopefully ) for the night! My dilemma is finding a pre-made Canadian 10 man bell tent in 1:72nd scale!

Does anyone know where i can find such an item or how i would go about making my own version?

Any help is greatfully appreciated

Matty

First Name
colin
Hi Matty
Welcome to the forum mate I don't think I've ever seen the tent your after listed by any manufacturer.
If you have plenty of reference photos you could use brass rods to form the framework then cover it with tissue or milliputt

M

Morpheus

Sounds a intresting diorama, I could only find boy scout tents when I searched or in the wrong scale.

mattytheflyingfish

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matthew
Hi Matty
Welcome to the forum mate I don't think I've ever seen the tent your after listed by any manufacturer.
If you have plenty of reference photos you could use brass rods to form the framework then cover it with tissue or milliputt

Thanks for getting back to me! The Canadian bell tent just uses a centre pole with no frame work! The sides are secured down by heaping snow/whatever you have and guys are strung out to give the roof some structure! I'm kinda thinking it will have to be made from card with some weathering done to it and it probably means i'll have to make the arctic cam net aswell!!

mattytheflyingfish

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matthew
Sounds a intresting diorama, I could only find boy scout tents when I searched or in the wrong scale.

Thanks for looking! When i go at something it usually isn't the easy option :smiling: ! The Norwegians had a saying : "there's the easy way, then there's the British way!" ha ha ha!