1/87 scale Heiser CCKW352 prime movers & ROCO 105mm howitzers detailed.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I did some of this work in parallel w/3" AT gun & track. Step one photos got lost. Step one was boring clean-up, scraping, carving, adding tow hook, window glazing, initial priming & paint and fitting a driver to the seat.
Step 2 is test fitting wheels/axles & assembling the interior to the cab. Both trucks are being worked together.
CCKW352 2nd step.JPG
Step 3 working axle positions to allow some flexibility.
CCKW352 3rd step.JPG
Step 4 install wheel/axle assys., drill holes and install splines for a better connection between sub assys.
CCKW352 4th step.JPG
Step 5 drill holes for ROCO side view mirrors, install grills & front bumper/winch assys. Assemble sub assemblies.
CCKW352 5th step.JPG
352s almost done-starting clean-up on 105s & gathering details for same.
CCKW352s almost done-105 collecting details.JPG
PaulE

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul .
Your loving this buddy, and so are the gathered supporters .
Dzhon

PJR

First Name
Paul
So far so good-standing by for more! So this is a gun section from the Cannon Co. of your armored infantry reg?

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you gents. Yes, I admit I am Dzohn. Yes PJR, I didn't have any more 105s or prime movers in the stash, so this is it for now. An understrength AT pltn. & a section of 105s. I have some 1.5 tonners I built for pioneers, but I think they are too light & under powered (same eng. & trans as 3/4ton WC) for the 105 carriage. I'll have to do some research to verify. PaulE

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Hey, someone else with a good amount of offcuts and random parts on his workbench :smiling3:

PJR

First Name
Paul
minitnkr's workbench could be it's own thread, no one knows what wonders are hidden in the various piles! I am sure you hardcore modelers have similar spaces!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Paul,
Looking good so far on the Duce & a Halfs. Nothing like the resin dust and super glue to get your Mojo up. Let me know what your needs are and I'll make a few inquiries and see if I can't locate what you might need to fill out your AT platoon.
Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
My off cuts and bits and bobs have now gone into a container as there was so much of it. However I find I am not using it so much now. Maybe I need to tip it all out again:smiling2:

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
105s are ready for paint I think, unless sharp eyes see something. Bottom/foreground one has the lower shield in the travel position. Off to the right you can see the makings of the sight/breach tarp for travel.
105s rdy fr paint 2.JPG
Another view.
105s rdy fr paint 1.JPG
C&Cs encouraged. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Basic paint & decals done, need to add headlight brush guards, finish weathering & just noticed I forgot the right side elevation wheel & linkage for both guns. The squares to the right are the tarps to cover breeches & sights.
Another view.Cannon Sect top.JPG
Cannon Sect side.JPG
C&Cs encouraged. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Shaping up nicely Paul, hope to see them in action soon.
Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Turned out well Paul. You must be pleased with the final look. Will there be more?

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not soon Rick, thank you. Thanks, but no more 105s Steve. I did find enough pieces/parts to do another 3" AT gun. I'm on the lookout for more M3A1s to pull them. PaulE