1/87 WWII Water Buffalo, Ben Hur & M10 trailers

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thought there might be some interest in braille scale trailers. Light water trailer common at company level sometimes referred to as water buffalo. This is a ROCO semi-scratch conversion from their 1.5 ton cargo trailer to the 1 ton tank trailer.
water buffalos wip.JPG
The Ben Hur in the background is OOB except for paint, decals, added toolbox & tailights. The M10 has added brushguards and folded up rails to keep the tarp up off of load.
Water Buffalo wip 2.JPG
The two 2.5 ton trucks pulling the trailers are part of the 2nd Chem. elements attached to 7th Eng. to provide smoke/4.2" mortar support to the 5th ID in its' efforts to cross the Moselle south of Metz in my Dornot dio. The water trailers are elements of HQ sections in 7E Co.C & 207E Co.A respectively. C&Cs encouraged. PaulE

Last edited:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Terrific conversion work Paul. You must have a very sharp knife.

Do modellers use your bench shots for inspiration on their bombed out city dioramas?:smiling5: Luv it:cool:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
When the thread title said “Water Buffalo” I thought you meant an LVT(4), not a trailer :smiling3: Looking good, though, quite a few tiny parts judging by the photos.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you JimR, MickC, Steve & Pete. Anti-grav courtesy of Mikasa crystal. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Jakko, I may have misremembered, but thought I'd heard the term applied to the water trailer as well. Thanks for looking. PaulE

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Jakko, I may have misremembered, but thought I'd heard the term applied to the water trailer as well.
I don’t think you misremembered — IIRC, Italeri used to sell their 1/35 scale version under that name — it’s just that that to me, the water trailer didn’t immediately come to mind when I read the title.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks for the comments gentlemen. PaulE