3ft (1/84) scale model cutty sark (wood)

A

american

\ said:
I rather think the plank ends should be staggered. A third of a plank at time with a combing around the hatches and gunwhales.
Totally agreed!!!

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
yes but on the instructions looking at the pics they have curved the waterways from bow laid the planks on top of prow (rear to front) you have it following the curve of the hull here is what I copied from the instructionsWP_20151120_18_18_19_Pro.jpg

WP_20151120_18_18_31_Pro.jpg

o_O

james pithouse

First Name
James
but once the planking is done up front it gets hidden by another part of decking and that is where the bow sprit sits and i have to draw the gaps on in pencil every 70mm :rolleyes:

james pithouse

First Name
James
hi guys. Sorry that i have not been on here for a while, I had a stinking cold and sore throat for a few weeks but now I over that. I now have bent my dremel cutting disc bar so now I have to get a new bar, once I go to London this weekend to see my aunt win and go to the shop where my cousin works and get one so I am going this Friday to Monday yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh :D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D, I'll do some more when I come home. :P plus I'll be doing a surprise to the cutty sark which I hope you will all like.

Last edited by a moderator:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
yes but on the instructions looking at the pics they have curved the waterways from bow laid the planks on top of prow (rear to front) you have it following the curve of the hull here is what I copied from the instructionsView attachment 137828 View attachment 137829 o_O
It Isn't a big deal James. It's looking good matey.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is looking good James ,so far will not even notice it, ;)

J

Jase

I have this kit in my stash so interested in your build as i plan to do this soon as prep for my buildings HMS Warrior. what do you think of the kit quality?

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Just caught on to his one and it looks like your making very good progress ( never built ships before) but this looks a very big ship indeed ( have you booked a space for it to be displayed when finished

( how much popcorn will I need )

Regards

Robert

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Always fancied one of these kits will be watching with interest.

james pithouse

First Name
James
hi guy I enjoyed it at my aunt's in London and the hobby shop where my cousin work I'm jealous of him, but any way's here is an up date just added a few more planks that's all nothing really. Oh by the way ken thanks for look at the problem I had with the decking, for me :D :pWP_20151220_20_26_21_Pro.jpg

james pithouse

First Name
James
hi Robert just caught your message yes down stairs in a glass cabinet where people can see it:D

james pithouse

First Name
James
hi guys, hope you all had a nice Christmas and I hope you all have a nice new year. At last finished the decking next stage the hull planking here is the up date of the finished decking enjoyWP_20151226_23_13_10_Pro.jpg

WP_20151226_23_14_42_Pro.jpg

S

steve244

Just seen this and looks like a very nice kit, doing a great job when you start to plank the hull dont use the full length of the planks as you will have problems i generally cut them up into lengths of about 70/80mm or 3 or 4 bulkheads long depending on the scale of the ship so that they would be about 25ft long and it also makes them easier to handle.

cheers

steve

james pithouse

First Name
James
thanks Steve for that advice I will do that:D

D

Deleted member 3568

Good stuff Jim, glad to help, keep up the good work.

james pithouse

First Name
James
Oh by the way ken some one next year is coming down from London to stay with use for a few days and it is blankety blank :P

james pithouse

First Name
James
\ said:
Just caught on to his one and it looks like your making very good progress ( never built ships before) but this looks a very big ship indeed ( have you booked a space for it to be displayed when finished
( how much popcorn will I need )

Regards

Robert
load and loads of it better make it an infinty bag or box of popcorn