A 1/16 figure. Cold, hungry, tired and frightened - Yet still defiant!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Though I'd sling this into the figures collection.

He started life off as the 1/16 Tamiya Machine Gunner. I chopped his left arm off and hacked it about so he could loving cradle an MP40 I found in my spares box.

I wanted an absolutely scruffy, run down, yet still disciplined, and full of fight German soldier, so.......

I slung the bottom half of his great coat and gave him a pair of strides and boots - I gave him a bloody bandage and ripped his tunic sleeve. Then, feeling sorry for the poor sap, I gave him a fag!
He's from the S.S., so he's torn off any insignia. Even scraped off the helmet badge - just in case.....Paper weapon and helmet straps.

I don't like deep well defined material creases, preferring to just dust the figure all over with dry filler powder.....Then give it a good blow!

The base is scrap polystyrene for the wall and coffee stirrers for the fence. Floor sweepings to cover the base and a poundshop picture frame holds the lot together.

Yes, I know you might well have seen this, my one and only attempt at a figure this scale - But he didn't have a fag then!

Great fun, and an enjoyable bit of good old 'Kit bashing'

P1200174.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Sir Ron - he certainly has a well lived in look :thumb2:

That's one thing that always gets me with the nicely painted 'artistic' figures, nice though they are from a painting point, photos of soldiers in the field generally tend to have a shabby, well worn look to them

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry for the late reply folks, but I've had a few days 'Dahn Saf' being robbed blind by the price of accomodation....and more importantly, the price of beer! God knows how people can afford to live there. Great to be back 'Oop North once more!

Sir Ron - he certainly has a well lived in look :thumb2:
That's one thing that always gets me with the nicely painted 'artistic' figures, nice though they are from a painting point, photos of soldiers in the field generally tend to have a shabby, well worn look to them

Simon, I agree. Superb paintwork for sure, but some I see are too 'Sterile' somehow. Lacking in that something that brings them alive.

But, as in all aspects of our game, it's how the modeller perceives the model they are creating. It's their model, no one else's. That's what makes this hobby so interesting.

Cheers.
Ron