monica
thank you so much for the very kind words,Peter ,:smiling:
makes me happy to read,

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Monica.
Thought id drop by.You are doing some great sculpting.I find putty Pushing very addictive.As for putties well ive tried most.Greenstuff mixed with Magic sculp is a nice mix as it smooths nicely.White Milliput mixed with black makes a nice pale grey putty that works nicely.The new Pro create is like Greenstuff but very stiff n sticky.Very expensive also and needs to be used quick or the rest of the pack gets solid.
Have fun and keep creating.
Richard

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Monica
Good for you getting into sculpting your own figures. Like Richard says I find a mix of Magic Sculpt and Green Stuff works very well both for its smooth finish and its firmness to hold fine detail. I do most of my sculpting with either round headed poker thingies, or fine dentist tools. Here is one of my vignettes taken from the famous painting.

finished.jpg

John

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hi Monica, you've got a great eye for the animal sculpts...I'm horrible with animals.

Cheers,
Richard
hi,Richard,thank you,glad that you like them,think its been around them,you ever ,get it or you don,t,
I had horse,s & cats ,for years so maybe there,:hugging-face:

Hi Monica.
Thought id drop by.You are doing some great sculpting.I find putty Pushing very addictive.As for putties well ive tried most.Greenstuff mixed with Magic sculp is a nice mix as it smooths nicely.White Milliput mixed with black makes a nice pale grey putty that works nicely.The new Pro create is like Greenstuff but very stiff n sticky.Very expensive also and needs to be used quick or the rest of the pack gets solid.
Have fun and keep creating.
Richard
hi,Richard,glad that you,dropped,by,and great help as well,think from ,what your said,the greenstuff,with,magic,sulp or milliput,
sounds the best way to go,has the stiffness,and time,:smiling:

Hi Monica, I wouldn't know where to start with this sculpting malarkey but you're turning out some great work.
Mick
hi,Mick,so pleased that your liking them,in away I,have surprised myself lol,:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Monica
Good for you getting into sculpting your own figures. Like Richard says I find a mix of Magic Sculpt and Green Stuff works very well both for its smooth finish and its firmness to hold fine detail. I do most of my sculpting with either round headed poker thingies, or fine dentist tools. Here is one of my vignettes taken from the famous painting.

View attachment 303179

John
wow ,John,thank you for dropping by,and even to spend the time,with my try at doing figures,your work is just
fantastic,and I,do hope that ,I can reach a stranded like you,ta for the help with ,whats good to use,
at the moment,finding faces,hands ,and like lace up,be it boots or shirts,how to do the,hole then the ,laces,
what scale or size are these, one in,?,I,m working at say 1/16 being 120mm

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Monica

These figures are 1/24th scale or about 75mm. For making any type of laced up garment, I tend to make the garment first with the lace holes made with a sharp point. BTW if you practice doing this you can even form a little eyelet as you make the hole. When the epoxy is dry I then attach small lead wire laces with some CA glue.
When you are making heads, look at a good anatomy study to get the feel for the form of a skull. I often sculpt a skull first and allow to dry. I then insert eyes using small glass beads, and then add flesh over the whole thing to form the expression etc.. To make hands I start with a small squarish blob to become the palm. I then make up tiny sausage shaped pieces for the fingers. Remember that each will be a different length, and that the thumb attaches at the bottom of the palm and opposes the fingers. I attach the fingers on the back of the palm blob, overlapping somewhat in order to form the knuckle. Finally remember that fingers tend to be squarish in profile and step down thinner and thinner at each joint.
Practice will help you to get very acceptable hands and faces after a few tries.

Keep it up
John

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hi,John,
thank you for this,
that's all a great help,advice and tips,and got a few of the things sorted,and was
thinking along some of the line,s that you use,real like the idea of use a skull for the
shape and size of the head,
see im real working blind and not to sure what,scale,as I get a pic of ,then print it out ,
hoping its in that 120mm or 80mm ,type thing,so a little hard getting hand,s ,head ,feet to right size/scale.
will keep at it.just need some things done a little better scale for one,is so important,and lots practice

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
been a bit slow on her and him,but been in two,minds if I,m happy or not so added some color ,
seeing how ,I do like them,or if they go in the bin,or maybe ,I,m being to hard on myself,:disappointed2::confused:

Attachments

• 20180607_080009.jpg
    20180607_080009.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 9

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
hi will try and say it my way,as the,CA,seals the wood of the stick,so it dose not splinter,as the way I,see it,and just helps,pudh the
clay about,I,also maybe wrong,lol,:rolling:
Thank Monica.
Will try that .
John .