Ade's 1:500 Into Darkness Enterprise

First Name
Adrian
Figured I would show my finished Enterprise off.
I used Raven Scales Model lighting system, which includes sync navigation lighting, defelector dish light and Warp nacelle lights.
In contrast to the other build on here I didn't use the grey decal sheets that come with the kit as factually they are incorrect. the Enterprise is not white and grey it is in-fact white with a prismatic Aztec pattern.
So bearing that in mind I ordered the Aztec masks which took a week to apply and then used various Polytranspar prismatic colours including, blue, red green and pearl. These paints are the same ones used by taxidermists to create fish scale effects on mounted fish.
It's very hard to see the effect this paintwork gives in the photos, most showing it as a yellow, but in natural light the effect is subtle yet striking.

Anyway it should be out and about at shows this coming year so please if you see it I'd appreciate your feedback :smiling3:

DSC_0222.JPG DSC_0225.JPG DSC_0226.JPG DSC_0228.JPG DSC_0235.JPG DSC_0241.JPG

Cheers
Adrian

P

Polux

Looks really fine to me, Adrian!
A very clean and tidy work, with and excellent decal work.

Is just an idea...but if you want to present it on a show, why you don't try something different? Like inside a "box" or a big esfere full of stars.....I thought it's a pity lose all the light work, showing over a simply table around other models, just with the normal light on the hall :smiling3:

A

Awins

A nice build there Adrian. Nice to see you back on the forum. Havnt heard much from you since you moved house.
Cheers Alan

C

cryton 5

well
adrian she's looking a beauity clean sharp jim would be pleased to be captain good work live long and prosper