Aeroscopia & Anciennes Ailes Toulouse

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
On a recent trip to Toulouse I had some spare time and visited these two aerospace museums. One is to do with the history of aviation in Toulouse and the second is a collection of aircraft from all over the world but also with a connection to the aerospace industry in Toulouse. While bimbling  around the Anciennes Ailes museum I took a peek in one of the hangars which was busy with volunteers restoring various aircraft. When I explained that I was an aircraft mechanic I ended up getting an ad hoc tour of the hangar and getting to sit in a Harvard - all conducted in my appalling French. I feel a little regret, I used to live in Toulouse, if I'd known about this place then I would have probably spent some spare time volunteering if only to improve my French. It's pretty much a boneyard.

At Aeroscopia there is an A400M, A300 with a glass cabin floor to expose the cargo hold etc below, a Super Guppy, various ex-French military aircraft and of course Concorde plus much more.

At Anciennes Ailes there are Mig-21's, Mirage, Harvard etc.

The two are next to each other adjacent to the A380 final assembly line (the very large building seen behind the Mig's. Six A380's are in assembly here with a seventh in the marry up bay) on the way out of Blagnac - well worth a visit.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
that looks an interesting place

thanks for taking time to take the pics for us

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great photos Rick. You could spend days looking at that collection. The Messerschmitt is interesting in the silver/bare metal finish.