AFV 1/35 SCALE STURMTIGER.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Figures are looking great mate. Really looking forward to seeing them in their rightful places. You must be pleased with hows its all turning out. Keep it goin mate

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Figures are looking great mate. Really looking forward to seeing them in their rightful places. You must be pleased with hows its all turning out. Keep it goin mate

Thanks Steve.
Feeling rather deflated, find I can't do two things like the cabinet and think about modelling.The outcome has been nothing achieved since I put the Seagrass into soak last week .
Now can get back to the bench, the Vallejo Tim mentioned is due this morning, so some progress should be made. Hopefully something later.
John

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Looking forward to seeing you at the bench again mate.
Thanks Paul.
Well the colour wash came, faces done as best can do . Cleaned the uniforms up, to me they looks lot better. Will post some photos to put you all asleep tomorrow.:hungry:
Tonight having remembered last week where it was and to my surprise a whole of foam board was retrieved from a safe place. Far more than I thought.
Measured out the sides from 10mm the front and back had to be doubled up from 5 mm. All cut up, PVA glue to paper , pinned and weighted down.
Progress made. More tomorrow !
John.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Seems I wasn't the only one doing 1/1 work to keep one from the bench, looking forward to see the pics tomorrow John.:thumb2:

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Seems I wasn't the only one doing 1/1 work to keep one from the bench, looking forward to see the pics tomorrow John.:thumb2:
Cheers Fernando . :smiling:
John.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Come on Dude 2, get cracking on this puppy!!! (like I should talk)...………...

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Glad the work that kept you from the bench is over. That's the trouble with having skills - people need them. Look forward to seeing the figures.
Jim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
John.....are you slacking off again? Pretending to be busy when you slouching about drinking tea and dunking hob nobs:smiling5:
Come on man....pull yer finger out:tongue-out:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Come on Dude 2, get cracking on this puppy!!! (like I should talk)...………...
Mmm coming from you Dude 1 that's is something. :smiling3::smiling3:

Hi John
Glad the work that kept you from the bench is over. That's the trouble with having skills - people need them. Look forward to seeing the figures.
Jim

Hi Jim....... Back to normal, as can be expected :thinking:

John.....are you slacking off again? Pretending to be busy when you slouching about drinking tea and dunking hob nobs:smiling5:
Come on man....pull yer finger out:tongue-out:

Si ........ How could you think such a thing !! what me ........ well a little .:hungry: xx

Good evening my merry friends. despite the postings about getting my finger out and other kind suggestions I have been busy. NOT DRINKING TEA. :nerd:, well only a few.

The figures. ok the photos are not the best, kindly Tim is attempting to help.

_MG_3686.jpgF1.jpg_MG_3688.jpg F2.jpg_MG_3690.JPG
They actually look better than these. rather done in a hurry and not in the light box, that my Honour is my excuse :cold-sweat:
As for the figures I'm pleased, the wash Tim recommended has certainly worked. Still a long way to go, but I can see improvement.

With the figures done as best I can the foam board was cut to size and prepared.
I don't know how many of you use Kapa line form board, but with out doubt the easiest to prepare for marking and imprinting. The beauty with this board is that the paper cover is easily removed by lifting one corner and gently pulling back and away from the corner. It needs no heat unlike the 5mm I had in stock which was a cheaper board from another supplier.

_MG_3683.JPG
This is the KAPA line 10mm .

_MG_3681.JPG
Front, this is the inside face. Joined to a complete front section using PVA to give 10mm. Used bits up to do the bach as shan't be seen. The others are the 10mm sides and the base, 18mm ply faced with 5mm

Here the cheaper foam having the paper face removed with a hair dryer.

_MG_3692.jpg  F4.jpg
Quite easy to keep the heat in one place a second too long and it melts, had a minor mishap , but can over come that with some damaged brick.

Here I used a thin bladed artists palette knife, just slide it slowly under the paper and ease it along to assist the removal. Too hot to do by fingers. :sad:

Now this is just a mock up, mainly to show the size , the roof, as below will be made from plastic strip, and then clad in corrugated foil. Wooden doors ( What else ) and a small frontage.

Yes and lights ! yes electric lights :flushed: , loads to do and of course this is the bit I love the best. :smiling: bricks to mark, doors to make, and stone sets to imprint. HAPPY DAYS.

_MG_3691.jpg F3.jpg

_MG_3695.JPG

_MG_3694.JPG

Right I'm off to do tea. Comments welcome. Thank you for staying with this.

John.

Attachments

• _MG_3693.jpg F5.jpg
    _MG_3693.jpg F5.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 3

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Dude 2,

Nice work and I know this is the part you love the most. Great to see you cracking on Buddy!!! With my job, I wish I could too. 1 1/2 years to go……...

Prost
Allen

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thought id drop by and see what some of the gang are up to.Creating some great things with foamboard.A material i never heard of until know so i have been educated today.Looks a versatile material John.
Great stuff wing Commander.
Richard

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Ah.....so less hob-nobbing then envisaged :smiling5: Some nice work with the figures...and you’ve got the builders in as well!
Look forward to seeing the building develop...and lights!! Think your spoiling us now:smiling4:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ok Dude 2,

Nice work and I know this is the part you love the most. Great to see you cracking on Buddy!!! With my job, I wish I could too. 1 1/2 years to go……...

Prost
Allen
Allen..... Yeah the best part, can't wait to get stuck in. You have a massive build and work to contend with, it will be worth it.
Dude 2

Thought id drop by and see what some of the gang are up to.Creating some great things with foamboard.A material i never heard of until know so i have been educated today.Looks a versatile material John.
Great stuff wing Commander.
Richard

Hi Richard...... Thanks for stopping by. Everyone seems to have their choice of materials for dioramas, I've found this suits me.
John.

John,
Going from strength to strength mate.

Thanks Paul....
John.

Ah.....so less hob-nobbing then envisaged :smiling5: Some nice work with the figures...and you’ve got the builders in as well!
Look forward to seeing the building develop...and lights!! Think your spoiling us now:smiling4:
Thanks Si..... Mind you you can model and eat hobnobs, but TET does not add to the taste !
John.
Nah Si, he might just be showing off!!!
Dude 1...... More like showing how not to involve electifying the bench and ones person whilst eating hobnobs and drinking tea.:smiling2::smiling2:
John.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Going great guns on this John. Figures are looking good.....
Glad the wash has worked out. A refinement here is to use flat flesh as the base colour, highlight the cheekbones, chin, nose, and forehead with a lighter flesh colour, then use the wash to add depth and blend the highlights.

D

Deleted member 6559

Ooooh, this is all looking so good John. the Tiger and the figures are excellent and now magic with foam board - might have to get me some.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
I like the building, looks to be progressing nicely. You have certainly done a fine job on the figures - definitely a hard part of the hobby.
This photo reminded me of 'crazy disco dancing' - The Sturmtiger Stomp, I doubt it will catch on :smiling5:
_mg_3688-jpg-f2-jpg.314490

Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Going great guns on this John. Figures are looking good.....
Glad the wash has worked out. A refinement here is to use flat flesh as the base colour, highlight the cheekbones, chin, nose, and forehead with a lighter flesh colour, then use the wash to add depth and blend the highlights.

Thanks Tim ....... getting there bit by bit. All points noted :thumb2:

Ooooh, this is all looking so good John. the Tiger and the figures are excellent and now magic with foam board - might have to get me some.

Hi Peter........ Thank you, I get the good stuff from 4D model shop London . Not cheap , but well worth it .

Hi John
I like the building, looks to be progressing nicely. You have certainly done a fine job on the figures - definitely a hard part of the hobby.
This photo reminded me of 'crazy disco dancing' - The Sturmtiger Stomp, I doubt it will catch on :smiling5:
_mg_3688-jpg-f2-jpg.314490

Jim
Ha , Jim .....Cheers, Christine and I laughed at that, we can remember the Tiger Stomp. ! but who sang it ?

Today saw the base floor started with the imprinting,,,,, took a couple of hrs, just switch off and concentrate. Have just done the first wash coat, with some cheap acrylics. Next will be the browns in differing shades.

_MG_3699.jpg P1.jpg

John