AFV 1/35 SCALE STURMTIGER.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
PEWTER!! You are throwing everything at this dio now mate!:smiling5: Wonderful work on the drain pipe. What I want to know is - where is the wheel dolly??:smiling5:

Top marks so far mate.Keep it coming.

P.S Didnt realise you were a mind reader. Matron would be impressed:tongue-out2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Just caught up having missed quite a bit. I can only echo the praise from the others. Very, very fine modelling. Love the scratched detailing.
Keep at it - the end is in sight.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Terrific job. I too like the darkish environment. I think it adds a certain element of urgency that is accentuated by the figure poses. Sort of like a pit stop at the Saturday night races!:cool:
Cheers,
Rick H.
Cheers Rick...... Christine suggested I post a completely black photo........ and say due to a black out.....:smiling2:
Fabulous work John, great looking Sturm in an excellent building.:thumb2:
Great photo work with the lights in and on the building, the third one could be like the morning sun shining on the front of the workshop.:thinking::smiling:
Hi Fernando...... Thanks for those comments. Going to think about the lighting soon, think I need a 1.8 mm led taken up from underneath and then make it look like a lead lamp, and have some cable running to the Gen Set. ( Suppose the Germans had such things ? ) Then two other lights mounted in the roof, giving some down light with a couple of pewter shades.

Just excellent John. PaulE
Thanks Paul.:thumb2:

PEWTER!! You are throwing everything at this dio now mate!:smiling5: Wonderful work on the drain pipe. What I want to know is - where is the wheel dolly??:smiling5:

Top marks so far mate.Keep it coming.

P.S Didnt realise you were a mind reader. Matron would be impressed:tongue-out2:

Mr Jones.... the wheel dolly is indeed in the photo, ive made an appointment for you with Matron, shes taking you to Spec savers.
1539884779713.png. :smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:.
Thank you for the other comments !

Hi John
Just caught up having missed quite a bit. I can only echo the praise from the others. Very, very fine modelling. Love the scratched detailing.
Keep at it - the end is in sight.
Jim
Thanks Jim..... indeed not long. As you will see the roof frame is done.

Hi all and thank for the likes and comments.
Some good progress today, finished the rood frame, ran out of one size of plastic strip, but Its not going to be seen. Can always say its material restrictions:smiling:
Right,

_MG_3846.jpgR1.jpg
A slightly lighter front view. :cool:.

_MG_3847.jpgR2.jpg
See Steve the Dolly is still there, it was the Gen set I think, it' waiting to have some cables fitted.

Tomorrow I shall lift off the roof frame, well attempt to. Then a red primer coat, should I paint it after that ? or just leave it in the primer. Answers on a post card...........
Corrugated formers ready, going to have 3 sheets, 2.5 in fact. Still thin a tarp that can be removed to allow views of the inside would be good. More pewter cladding to the eves and a length may be to the ridge.
Right , thanks for looking in, comments please. Money only by Pay Pal:smiling4:
John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening.
Just thought i'd show the painted roof. Looks ok to me, wanted it to have the appearance of a red oxide paint.
Any comments welcome, start on the roofing sheets tomorrow.

_MG_3849.JPG_MG_3850.JPG
Thats it, time for bed, night all .

John:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
That looks absolutely fantastic John, that roof work is something else. Are you covering the roof work or leaving as is?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yup, red oxide. Perhaps a little rust at some of the joints? Might not be visible from the outside once the roof is on though.
Cheers, Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That looks absolutely fantastic John, that roof work is something else. Are you covering the roof work or leaving as is?
Morning mate...... Thank you for kind comments. There will be a roof, corrugated and treated. Also a section on the right hand side with a tarp. Mainly so access can be made to see all the interior. I've sent an email to jsminiture lighting. Hope to have lights inside. !

Yup, red oxide. Perhaps a little rust at some of the joints? Might not be visible from the outside once the roof is on though.
Cheers, Rick H.
Rick ...... Dead right, thought about a list of black to give the impression of exhaust, maybe will add some rust as well in the plated area. Nice idea, thanks.

WOW JR that is one quality piece of work.
Very kind of you Mick.Thanks.

As the lighting my take some time I'm going to concentrate on the corrugated. The formers have been made, numerous aluminium containers from good old Wilko have been cut and flattened. Will use some of the spare as the ridge capping and also for the side .
Thanks for looking in :smiling2:
John

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
giphy.gif

(For laughter purposes only)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi John,

I like both your 1:1 and 1/35 scale dios. Great work. :thumb2: Lots of additions and as Steve has said...everything but the kitchen sink....he's got to be carefull with his loose jaw. :smiling6:

P.S. Koi's love anything deeper than 3ft. Thrive better that way and can grow to gigantic sizes.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
giphy.gif

(For laughter purposes only)

Hi John,

I like both your 1:1 and 1/35 scale dios. Great work. :thumb2: Lots of additions and as Steve has said...everything but the kitchen sink....he's got to be carefull with his loose jaw. :smiling6:

P.S. Koi's love anything deeper than 3ft. Thrive better that way and can grow to gigantic sizes.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks you two, :smiling: think I've enjoyed this the most since I started. Really love the building side , the roof especially.

John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
The roof along with the rest of the build is the dogs cahoonas.
Thanks Paul...... Appreciate you saying that, just forming roofing sheets at the moment .
John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Amazing!
I trust you're going to have scale pigeon poo on the roof trusses?

Pete
Pete......Oh great, love that idea, might even put a nest ! :thumb2: good job it's not in the Far East ,
Sorry I've not seen this in a while John, some fantastic work going on.

Ian..... No problem , so much to follow on here , I'm sure I miss so much . Thanks for looking in and thank you for the comment.
John.

First Name
Wouter
Thanks Wouter .
What are you working on, ? Hope I haven't missed it . :surprised::smiling3:
John.
Not much at the moment John :D

I did post a Gunpla build here couple of weeks ago called Tallgeese. I decalled the Mobile Suit and will need to give it a clearcoat. But since I spray in the basement and it's a bit of dusty room I've ordered a spray booth and hope this will work eleminating dust particles settling down on the model. Besides that I'm building a wingy thingy (no photos or thread just yet, not really interesting at the moment) and I hope to revive my U-boot thread soon as well :D

But at the moment I need to settle with looking at cool builds going on here :D

Cheers