AFV 1/35 SCALE STURMTIGER.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John , sorry I'm late, may I stay and watch please?,
Brad your more than welcome, if you're like me I seem to be late or miss builds all together
pesky Johnny-come-latelys, those guys have SOME nerve.... :o)
Ron, as I just said I'm late to a lot, so don't think I can say much :hugging-face::hugging-face:

Patient No. 343
Room 9.

Dear sir,
After giving up half way through reading the colours debate, I'm glad I'm a 'Near Enough' merchant.............or I'd be in Room 10!

Yours.
Pablo Picasso
Dear Pablo.
I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that you may be right !
We could point out that there are no tanks made from plastic either ! I shall continue to try to get it somewhere near .
Given up on the PE rifling for the barrel. Heated it up , only for it to fall apart.!!! Duh!
Yours
Patient 453

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
there are no tanks made from plastic either !
Then what is this?

little_tank.jpg

Reactions: JR

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Patient No. 343
Room 9.

Dear sir,
After giving up half way through reading the colours debate, I'm glad I'm a 'Near Enough' merchant.............or I'd be in Room 10!

Yours.
Pablo Picasso

If Ron’s work is anything to go by....Im going along with his ‘near enough-ness’ all week long:thumb2:

Patient No. 666
The basement.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
B****y hell that looks even harder Pete. Don't think I could work that out, I take my hat off to you for being able. Impressive stuff .
John.
Thanks for the banter !
Not going to use the Frulli tracks as one will be off. The kit ones will do nicely for what I have planned. The good tracks have been put with my Tamiya Tiger.
Spent to day messing around with the top section. Far too many small additions to fit that could have easily been in less parts. I mean a wingnut in plastic, it can be any bigger than 1mm ! Does seem a bit over the top.
Will post some photos soon .
John.

Last edited:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
1 mm! That's massive! Obviously a vital piece of detailing. I really think you must reconsider:smiling3:

Wait until you are on your hands and knees looking for 0.2mm rivets in the carpet then you know you have lived:smiling5::smiling3::smiling2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
1 mm! That's massive! Obviously a vital piece of detailing. I really think you must reconsider:smiling3:

Wait until you are on your hands and knees looking for 0.2mm rivets in the carpet then you know you have lived:smiling5::smiling3::smiling2:
Ah. Steve .
But I wear the " catch it all apron " (Available at all good deptment stores .) I have really saved on the crawling about time when wearing this. As Dave Ward said you have to remove it before leaving the bench, or.........
Christine sewed some Velcro on the bottom and I stuck the other part on the lip of the bench top. 40 mm thick worktopoff cut .
Can you really imagine me with one good eye looking for something that small on one of those nylon woven mats, and its brown in color! Hay stack comes to mind.
I did loose a hinge this afternoon, heard it go off the tweezers, given up all hope of seeing that .
Jr

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi John I to use a "catch all apron" has saved loads of small parts over the years, mine is pinned up under the bench and you just place it on your lap like the ones jewellers use.
Pete.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Super fix with the rifling John

I might try that, as might went "South" and is currently empty

I was going for black and disguised but I do like your fix.

Love a apron idea, I work on black rubber matting, which is a builders floor protection product from B&Q.

Keep the visitors away from the bench or thing might move!

getting there nicely

Regards

Steve H

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Ah. Steve .
But I wear the " catch it all apron " (Available at all good deptment stores .) I have really saved on the crawling about time when wearing this. As Dave Ward said you have to remove it before leaving the bench, or.........
Christine sewed some Velcro on the bottom and I stuck the other part on the lip of the bench top. 40 mm thick worktopoff cut .
Can you really imagine me with one good eye looking for something that small on one of those nylon woven mats, and its brown in color! Hay stack comes to mind.
I did loose a hinge this afternoon, heard it go off the tweezers, given up all hope of seeing that .
Jr

That’s a splendid idea John, I’m not too bad for dropping stuff but there are occasions When you’re apron would of been useful :thumb2:
Si

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks guys .

Pete ....... Fantastic bit of kit really and not expensive, can understand why more don't use one .
Hi John I to use a "catch all apron" has saved loads of small parts over the years, mine is pinned up under the bench and you just place it on your lap like the ones jewellers use.
Pete.
JR discovers new weapon in the fight for finding lost bits of plastic

View attachment 311722
Steve . ..:smiling::smiling2::smiling2:a... I showed this to Christine , thought is was very funny and said it might be worth getting one .
Super fix with the rifling John

I might try that, as might went "South" and is currently empty

I was going for black and disguised but I do like your fix.

Love a apron idea, I work on black rubber matting, which is a builders floor protection product from B&Q.

Keep the visitors away from the bench or thing might move!

getting there nicely

Regards

Steve H
Steve ..... This Pete is very matermatically minded, not something I think I'm capable of attempting, unless I use the remains of the people for a template. Might try that now I've said it ,never occurred to me .
Si ...... It's worth a try, I went on eBay and got a 1 mtr length of
s-l400.jpg
This afternoon I searched the bench, right in the corner was the missing hinge, I knew it hadn't gone into the apron as I heard it land.
Now for a few photos, including my first Zim , those of nervous disposition should look away .
Happy with the front, the back I had all ready fitted some of the additions . Ok it's a bit rank but the rear won't be on show ! Any way battle damage ?
Even though I have a book on the Sturm , the photos don't really help and none of the top deck from the back showing entry to the tank . Going to attempt the side Zim tomorrow, will pin the tools holes , so I can find them .seems to be a lot of things in the way, but will have a go .
IMG_20180818_145255.jpgIMG_20180818_145232.jpg

IMG_20180818_145419.jpgIMG_20180818_145319.jpgIMG_20180818_145403.jpg

Ok there's glue everywhere on the top. Thought the brush had less on it ! Going to have to use a small paint brush rather than that TET one.
Some more photosd from this afternoon,
Took Pete's idea but just made a paper copy on the remains of the pe . seems ok, have to admit doing the way Pete suggested was a step to far for me.
But this seems to have worked, will have to mask up when painting and maybe do a slight dry brushing inside the barrel .

_MG_3487.JPG

Management has just told me shes would have done it for me , just ask.
Put on the PE for the amo loading ring, this was the first time I have felt like throwing the whole thing in the bin. ! to try and hold it in place, and put a section of pe inside and push it into place using one eye was just about the last straw.
_MG_3492.jpgA1.jpg
Think it took a good 15 minutes, dropping it or the think flying apart every time I reached for the glue.
The next was the pe to the rear deck, I tried to use varnish as it was tricky to line up the section.In the end I used flexi CA , gave me slightly longer to line every thing up.
_MG_3489_1.JPG
bit bling !
_MG_3490_1.JPG
Engine hatch has been removed to set the engine in from the rear .

Anyway there we are ,comments good bad indifferent, funny all welcome .
Thanks for looking in .Wait until the painting starts, Steve will have a field day on the camo !
John .

Attachments

• IMG_20180818_145640.jpg
    IMG_20180818_145640.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Ok there's glue everywhere on the top. Thought the brush had less on it !
Nothing the paint won’t cover up, though. That PE ring looks really tricky, good job getting it to go together.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nothing the paint won’t cover up, though. That PE ring looks really tricky, good job getting it to go together.
Cheers Jakko.
Very thin strip had to sit inside of the 4 outer end parts formed at rightangles producing a channel. Trying to get the end strip between the first upright bend, then pull the other part inside was a a challenge.
Tonight I managed to finish the Zim. ! So tomorrow the assembly can take place .
John.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening John,

Considering the extra challenge with your vision, I think you doing fine mate...and taking on photo etch! That can drive us all bonkers. I remember once trying for two hours to build a PE tool clamp...it was so bent and distorted by the time I was done :smiling5: But it looked fine painted up!

Zimm looks to be coming along nicely too:thumb2:
Si

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thank Si..
That made me feel a lot more positive.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2: Christine had said earlier when I'd been struggling " its supposed to be fun "
Tomorrow I shall crack on.
John.