Airbrush cleaning!

M

m1ks

Some time ago I filmed a how to thoroughly clean your double action airbrush tutorial as I saw so many comments asking how and thought i'd share my method which has worked well for me for the last 10 or so years leaving me a spotlessly clean brush in 10 min or less.
At the time I was restricted by poor lighting, audio and average image quality so I thought it time to revisit it with higher er def video, better er sound and amazing CGI and special effects!
(The CGI and special effects is not true though)

Hope it's useful to someone.

M

m1ks

Thanks, hopefully it'll prove useful to a few people, it's surprising how easy it is once you have the routine down. I can pick up the brush, load paint spray and then have it pristine clean and back in it's box in less than 10 minutes knowing it's ready to go next time you pick it up too.

A

Avivalon78

Hi, gread vid.
How about cleaning in between colors during the same session?
An airbrush cleaner and some water will suffice?

J

John Rixon

Nice one! I'll always watch vids on airbrush maintenance, just in case I see something I'd not seen before - and this was no exception - like the brush through the nozzle, that is a good one and will be added to my regime!!

M

m1ks

Hi, gread vid.
How about cleaning in between colors during the same session?
An airbrush cleaner and some water will suffice?

Yes, in between you can just flush through unless changing paint solvent types, try to plan your spraying light to dark colours. Wipe the paint bowl and blow through with water, IPA, white spirit or cellulose until clean then load your next paint and go. Clean like above at the end of the session OR if you're having a break for half an hour or longer.

Thanks Steve and John hope it helped, I learn new things every day and often see things I'd never have thought of so if I can share anything to make it easier I'm happy to.