Airfix 1/144 Wasa

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Sorry Roger I completely missed answering your question yes it is the prince, I would love to build that one but it don't come up on ebay very often and when it does its always silly money, the last one I saw went for 160 quid, I stopped bidding at 50 and that was a tenner more than my limit.

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
ding ding round 1 to ken the next win will be the to the wasa:p:D

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
glad that you did keep at it Ken,and nice to see that you did win,looking good,even with all the problems you had,

keep at it,nice progress, ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here's a question I've been pondering since I started this build. If you were and experienced old sea dog(never sailed a ship in my life, don't know one end of a spar from the other) and you could see what was about to happen, let's say the ship is listing to port, would you jump onto the sea off the port side or hang off the starboard side and wait for it to sink.

james pithouse

First Name
James
starboard more height to jump off. But if you were a captain go down with the ship not like Captain Schettino did and left when he's ship was starting to sink after hitting the rocks and left other people to defend for themselves.This ship (cruise ship Costa Concordia) :D :p or the other thing you can do is sand down on the starboard which is on the right side a little at a time until it sits level :D :cool: ;) not the left side port left (as in port ( left in a bottle as in red wine) starboard right

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all a little update, well after exhaustive research(20 mins on google pooped for the rest of the day now) the Airfix kit is a little wrong the little sticky up thing on the top of the rails do not exist(thats great as I thought I would have to make some of those as I broke some whists struggling to get the warped hull together, also there should be another gun port on the second tier down sternwards of the last on on the model, roughly where the little slot is on the kit, I may add it when I find out what purpose the slot is for also the ornamentation above the top rail dose not exist neither does the ornamentation between the rails. not tremendous problems so should be able to sort them.

These are the little sticky up things which I've now removed.

View attachment 122048

View attachment 122049

View attachment 122050

View attachment 122051

View attachment 122052

View attachment 122053

View attachment 122054

DSC_0273.JPG

DSC_0274.JPG

DSC_0275.JPG

DSC_0277.JPG

DSC_0278.JPG

DSC_0279.JPG

DSC_0280.JPG

james pithouse

First Name
James
hi ken just to let you know it was mum's birthday on Monday this week and are you popping down this week end

D

Deleted member 3568

I know jim I've spoken to her on Monday and wished her a happy birthday.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all Airfix missed a gun port on this so I've been racking my brains trying to think of a way of making one and I think I've got it.

first I covered on of them with bathroom sealant to make a mould then I tried to make a resin casting but it was so thin they kept breaking when I tried to get them out, so I thought I need something more flexible so being as how it was so thin I thought just acrylic paint, but that was too flexible and wouldnt come out of the mould so then I thought How can I stiffen it up a bit so I put a thin smear of superglue over it, hey presto it came out, here is the result, I may make another mould and try again as this is a bit chunky probably because of the number of times ive tried using it but at least I know it works.View attachment 123321

View attachment 123322

View attachment 123323

View attachment 123324

DSC_0113.JPG

DSC_0114.JPG

DSC_0121.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

james pithouse

First Name
James
Nice work, but I would not rack your brain Ken, it will put the other modelers off from doing their models seeing it on this site plus, it would not be smart off you to do that because, I can not see Pam cleaning up your blood after cutting it out from your cranium it bloody hurt you twit as you are not a surgeon.

:D :D:D:D:D:D:D

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well i dont know why i shelved this but ive doug it out and here is the next update
263a902.jpg

ayvnn9.jpg

2rh8t2b.jpg

2vlun8n.jpg

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Just seen this one nice work and I have done one it's on page two of completed ships if you want to take a look.

D

Deleted member 3568

I saw it mate but the pics don't do it justice (very blurred and low resolution)