Airfix 1/72 De Havilland Vampire T.11

M

MrGotty

So good to be back modeling! I have previously done a Churchill tank but was not happy with the build so not sure if I will continue that one but here we go with this one. This kit is a beauty and I look forward to getting started. Not sure when I will get started yet though as I cannot decide whether to wait till I can get some paints or just get the building started while I wait for the paints.

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 27
  • spruce.jpg
    spruce.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 26

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
You'll enjoy that one Scott, i built two and they are nice kits

M

MrGotty

Some progress... Just test fitting mostly and bonded parts I can get away with. Think I might have to wait for paints now at this stage.

M

MrGotty

Sorry, for some reason my phone would not upload -.-, anyhow I remembered I managed to snap off one of the tiny pieces of detail from the fuselage and lost it -.- It won't be noticed really but if anyone has any ideas how to fix mistakes like that would be a great help.

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 22
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 21
First Name
Stuart
Sorry, for some reason my phone would not upload -.-, anyhow I remembered I managed to snap off one of the tiny pieces of detail from the fuselage and lost it -.- It won't be noticed really but if anyone has any ideas how to fix mistakes like that would be a great help.
Making good progress on this kit and a nice kit at that .
Never done any planes just a helicopter might have to try one,one day

M

MrGotty

Making good progress on this kit and a nice kit at that .
Never done any planes just a helicopter might have to try one,one day
Thanks Stuart, it is a lovely kit, thoroughly enjoying the build so far, cannot wait to get the paints so I can proceed.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
This is looking very nice and as Airfix should be a good kit too
Good progress so far
Liking it

Regards

Robert

M

MrGotty

A little progress, parts glued together and cockpit painted. I have left the pilots out because I do not have a lot of paints atm and made the plane so the landing gear is away as I forgot to add the landing gear before closing the wings up. Did a little filling work with some vallejo putty where I felt was necessary.

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 19
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 22

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Good work so far Scott. Re the missing part on the fuselage, if you're referring to one of the fine tubes that extend from the tail fin, these always are in danger of snapping off. You can replace it with a piece of fine fuse wire or suchlike, fix it to the model with a tiny amount of superglue.

First Name
Marius
Very nice. I am lucky enough to have two Vampires stationed nearby, and I get to hear those Goblins scream every now and then over my rooftop.