Airfix 1:72 Me262A-1a

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Here's the newish Airfix 1:72 Me262.
If you seen the build thread, you'll know there were a few disappointing aspects of the build, but in the end, it looks all right.
The paints used are, AKI for the underside, Vallejo for the green and Humbrol for the brown/grey -ish colour.
First pic taken out side (where I normally do all my completed pics) but notice the rain drops around the model, time to move inside. I'm not sure if it's a function of the new forum software, but the pictures appear to be huge. Sorry about that.
IMG_1832.JPG

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG

IMG_1888.JPG

IMG_1891.JPG

IMG_1896.JPG

IMG_1899.JPG

IMG_1908.JPG

Any questions or comments, fire away.

Colin M..

J

Jens Andrée

There's no evidence of the poor fit problem you had so well done to a great looking Me 262A :smiling3:

The previous version of the forum seemed to automatically scale down large pictures whereas this new doesn't.
Just loading this post took more than two minutes so I will send John a PM to ask him to activate that again - if possible?

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
There's no evidence of the poor fit problem you had so well done to a great looking Me 262A :smiling3:

The previous version of the forum seemed to automatically scale down large pictures whereas this new doesn't.
Just loading this post took more than two minutes so I will send John a PM to ask him to activate that again - if possible?
Thanks Jens, and yes, the old version done all the work for you. Hopefully that feature can be restored.

Cracking work Colin, like Jens say's there's no sign of any fit problems, it looks great.
Indeed Ian, all turned out well in the end. However, these huge pictures show all the dust inside the canopy - how annoying, dust in a sealed cockpit - a testament to all the filling and sanding that took place !

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Despite the fit issues this has turned out A1 Colin.

D

Doug Hughes

Looks great, Colin. You wouldn't guess the problems you'd had with the build.

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looks fantastic and no hint of the problems.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks again for having a look Gentlemen. Like any badly behaved build, once the top coat is on, it can be forgiven for being a bit of a pain. Unfortunately, the 200% pictures show every spec of dust !

F

Fenlander

Always amazed just how modern this aircraft looks. Terrific build and beautifully painted Colin.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Always amazed just how modern this aircraft looks
This is the first time I've played with a Me262, and I think it looks amazing. I can't imagine what those bomber crews thought when confronted by one of these for the first time.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job Colin , you wouldnt know looking at the completed build that it was a bit of a pain, cheers tony

T

Trekkie_John

If i hadn't seen the build thread i wouldn't believe it's 1/72 scale. Blooming great work Colin matey.

Have fun, John

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
If i hadn't seen the build thread i wouldn't believe it's 1/72 scale. Blooming great work Colin matey.

Have fun, John
Thanks John. Ignoring the little issues I had, it's quite a nice kit.