Airfix 1/72 R.A.F. Air Sea Rescue Launch..........'The Sea Shall Not Have Them'

First Name
Alex
That's a great build and the dock looks cool and really adds to the atmosphere. These small boats are a great way to get some naval subjects in your collection if you are a bit tight on space, i'm definitely considering doing something similar to this kit, possibly a PT boat or RNLI boat or i might just copy yours !

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another beautiful build but the man has no shame at all! I was looking forward to summat new in the background!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks Pete.

You can't beat a good rummage every now and then!

Ron
Did someone say rummage ?!! Im all for a good rummage me. Great recycling ron the launch looks perfect in the base , looking forward to the next two , cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys. As you might have read in my opening post, this is going to be my tribute to the RAF - Born today 100 years ago.

On to summat fresh......
I'll call this 2nd base 'Flat out and going for it!'

I've shown how I make sea bases quite a few times on the forum, so I won't bore you good people with yet another.

Here is the Launch loosely positioned with blutac to make sure it looks o.k. On second glance, I think there is a tad too much 'flying' hull.....a bit of packing called for!
P1190669.JPG

And here is the painted sea, ready for the vessel and some silicone.
P1190674.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I've now completed this model.
Thanks to those who posted during this build. I appreciated all your participation.
I'll post the finished vessel in 'Boats Completed' asap.

Thanks again folks.
Ron