Airfix 1/72 RNLI Severn Class Lifeboat

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

I know, you wouldn't get me out in seas like that even if my ship was 6 miles long guareteed unsinkable and I was wearing 6 life jackets.
Here is the next update, glued on the base just waiting to add the water effects.
spvl1v.jpg

r0b6uv.jpg

sotkkx.jpg

2s0kadh.jpg

2ngvnmb.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've started the water, obviously needs to be a lot bigger on the spray I envisage it going well over the bow and probably double the ammount coming from the front then lots of connon wool for the masses of foam.
2rqlo4w.jpg

i5af6q.jpg

257d5qe.jpg

rabxgz.jpg

156u5c1.jpg

fjkxaa.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've added more waves (run out of sealant now) still not sure I have enough waves yet, will live with it for a while I can always add more, it will look more realistic when I've added the foam and spray but I can't add that till I've finished the model.
orjchz.jpg

2q3vq89.jpg

aykf2f.jpg

9h5lie.jpg

30upoj6.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking good Ken. Top work.

Mind you, I think I'd personally struggle finishing the boat off - rigging and all, with the model fixed to the base as she is.....

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking good. I can nearly hear the roar of the sea.

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
great work ken, keep us posted with up dates dad, in bed not well and not drinking enough water, and now he wakes up at night. and sleeps sitting up

S

steve5

that's awesome , ken , your getting better with age mate .:p

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well here is where it is now. I love the little lifeboat on the deck and have added the grab ropes to it, I drilled little holes in the side then inserted bits of telephone wire which I then draped the ropes over then glued them in place after which I cut the wire off.
After adding the inner parts at the rear of the cabin it would no longer fit on the deck properly after a lot of head scratching I found that the front edge of the added inner bits was fouling with the cabin wall (in hind sight I should have added that wall to the removable cabin) so I've had to shave a tiny bit of try it shave a bit more off and continue in that fashion till it finally fitted.
2wp037p.jpg

r0p2dv.jpg

2hr1pc6.jpg

72d74l.jpg

1etljo.jpg

2d7ja4i.jpg

10wv11k.jpg

mx2fd4.jpg

First Name
Stuart
I am loving the look of this build,the water effects are great nice job Ken

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all soon be ready for the fine spray and completion I've added a thin coat of clear resin to the fore deck to show the wetness of it.
2e0u5ue.jpg

Got more of the safety railing on (I'm really enjoying this little kit everything has been a great fit and the detail is really great for such a cheap kit I hope someone brings out a PE set for this kit, it definitely deserves one.
2jcd8ir.jpg

2qvxg5j.jpg

35n7ps7.jpg