Airfix vickers valliant

First Name
James
Has anyone got a airfix vickers valliant they would be willing to sell (haha dnoo why i bother asking) bloody thing is impossible to come buy at a reasonable price

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
No. But if you can find one get it. I built one when they first came out and a really nice build it was. However, Airfix do tend to 're-release their kits once in a while. So, you could try the waiting game.

First Name
James
See this is why i really want one i was away from modeling when it was out been loojing on ebay currently bidding on one but i dont wana pay more than 80 for it

T

Tony

Hope you manage to get what you want.

I missed out the first time around on the mosquito but patience paid off and it had a relaunch.

I guess the process of producing a limited run favours the producer and while airfix use the tecnique a lot Italer did similar with the 1:35 S Boat. Missed out twice on that one and now see a seller on amazon can sell me one for £180 but even more shocking is a £440 price against the kit you are after

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airfix-A11...qid=1504181509&sr=8-2&keywords=Airfix+valiant

Hope you manage to pick up what you need at a price that suits but hope airfix will dust off the moulds and produce another run.

First Name
Dave
If it was me ,i wouldnt pay stupid money. Id wait for Airfix to re-issue it. Plenty of other stuff to build in the meantime.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Have to agree with dave , i remember when this was first released everyone scrambled to get it then the demand died down and you could pick them up for £20/25 , airfix will re issue it soon enough like they have done with the 1/24 mosquito and the prices will come down again

First Name
Dave
Have to agree with dave , i remember when this was first released everyone scrambled to get it then the demand died down and you could pick them up for £20/25 , airfix will re issue it soon enough like they have done with the 1/24 mosquito and the prices will come down again
I remember seeing it in TK Max for £20 a couple of years ago. And about 5 years ago I bought 30 kits for £70 from the wife of a work mate after he died. She was selling off his stash of 200 kits dirt cheap. There were 2 Valiants in it. But it wasn't a type that interested me at the time. I did get 3 x 1/48 TSR2's for about £2 each though!.

Last edited: