Ak interactive new paint range

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I personally would stay away from the paints, but their weathering products and publications and books are fantastic

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Acrylic lacquer ? How does that work - They seem to claim you can thin with anything. I'm sort of thinking they are acrylic, but I'm not sure. Where's Stona when you need a chemist ?

T

Tony

It sounds like a number of manufacturers jumping in with a similar spec. Are those mentioned new tamiya paints not described as acrylic lacquer?

What ever happened to me 7 pence pyrimid jar airfix paints from all those years ago? You could only ever use then once because the metal tops used to lock fast (in my younger days i had not learnt to clean the bottle necks) :smiling:

J

Jens Andrée

I think it's best to find something you like and that works for you and never look at a new paint again - otherwise you're in for a roller coaster ride I think, like when I decided to try AMMO paints and had a disaster for having my Tamiya brain turned on...
I've also found some paints don't mix well even when dried so be careful with new paints - however great they are according to colourful leaflets.

My only reason for thinking about moving towards MRP are the larger bottles instead of Tamiya tiny 10ml jars, but apart from that I've got no reason at all to change because they are more or less idiot-proof!