Alan 45 D Day dio

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
For goodness sake Alan, don't kick your kids out just to make room for your models! Sell them instead. That way you'll get more money for more models!Gern
Thanks for the advice dave that's a much better option :D

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Ron I didn't think you were having a pop mate it is a subjective thing to put in a dio and you were well within your rights to bring it up so I haven't taken offence and if my reply came across that way I do apologise
Take offence? The though never entered my head, so nothing to apologise for.

As for you being uncomfortable......All war is uncomfortable, so if transferred to the modelling table, I guess that is how it should be......as close reality as is possible...... blood 'n all.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Don't know what happened there Al'.....My reply got mixed up with your quote!

On reading my contribution I think what I meant when I referred to a 'Hosepipe' was I thought the blood spurt was too thick and perhaps a piece of fine wire could be used, which going by our mate Patrick's post might be more to scale?

The blood element is just fine......

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Don't know what happened there Al'.....My reply got mixed up with your quote!On reading my contribution I think what I meant when I referred to a 'Hosepipe' was I thought the blood spurt was too thick and perhaps a piece of fine wire could be used, which going by our mate Patrick's post might be more to scale?

The blood element is just fine......
Oh gotcha mate yeah you could be right there I think scale is always a problem in 1/72

We'll I'm glad we got that cleared up :D

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Forgot to mention how good your dio is! It's reminded me that I've still got to finish mine - if only I can remember what colours I was using for the figures .....

Gern

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Forgot to mention how good your dio is! It's reminded me that I've still got to finish mine - if only I can remember what colours I was using for the figures .....Gern
I have the very same problem Dave , I'm using two different makes of US infantry , revell and italieri although I'm priestly sure the revell ones are the old matchbox ones they look very familiar and I don't remember ever buying revell figures and they are defiantly not airfix , and I have different colour schemes for them so I've mixed them up and taken the colours from tamiya just to be on the safe side :smiling3:

Oh by the way thanks for liking my dio :smiling3:

D

dubster72

The more I see of this, the better it looks Alan! The figures look great & that cliff is just excellent.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Top notch work Alan....This is one excellent, nicely balanced build, and yes, the cliff looks really good.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Alan, the figures are painted very well,and that cliff face is so great,well done so far :rolleyes:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks guys I'm really appreciate it :smiling3:

I don't think ill do any more 1/72 dios though we'll not on this size anyway

Thanks again for the kind comments :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
No kneed to say sorry kp I'm glad you like it :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brilliant result Allan. Great composition, just enough gore. Top diorama......What a mass of 1/72 figures. I bet you're glad the painting of those are behind you!

It's been a pleasure to watch this come together. Top work.

Ron

D

dubster72

Excellent stuff Alan! Your figures look great - I really like the potato masher throwing ones!

That's a top class dio, good luck takingt that to the model club! ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys it's much appreciated :smiling3:

\ said:
Brilliant result Allan. Great composition, just enough gore. Top diorama......What a mass of 1/72 figures. I bet you're glad the painting of those are behind you!It's been a pleasure to watch this come together. Top work.

Ron
Ron it was very tedious at times painting those but I took a break every now and then but I'm glad it's all over in the end there are 41 figures

\ said:
Excellent stuff Alan! Your figures look great - I really like the potato masher throwing ones!That's a top class dio, good luck takingt that to the model club! ;)
Patrick I'd never get it on the back seat of my car lol they will have to do with photos lol

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Fantastic stuff Alan! Lots going on, impressive

Lee :smiling3: