Alien

D

deakon

some pics of my Halcyon Alien warrior

IMAG0011-1.jpg

IMAG0012-1.jpg

IMAG0015-1.jpg

reworked mouthparts the tongue is a 1/35th closed fist from a cannibalised figure..teeth are made from sprue..painted with enamels and shellack based inks..the drool is made with 5min epoxy and clear casting resin...

thanks for looking..

B

Bluewavestudios

Nice work Marty and a nice change of subject from the usual stuff too, I have always been fascinated by Alien and there are some cracking kits around of the various monsters and the various craft from the movies....The drool is a very nice touch too, certainly adds to the realism.

I used to build all the horror scene type models as a kid, some of them are probably still around but more than likely collectors items by now. They all had a diorama type stand too ....Models such as The Forgotten Prisoner, Dracula, Werewolf, The Mummy etc.

Regards.......Mark

D

deakon

right..the Aurora kits..! I remember them..cool..especially the glow in the dark ones..

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Aurora did a wide range of plastic kits with some bizarre subject matter,they re-issued their 1=48th WW1 biplane range many times and I think there are probably some kits from other manufacturers that used their well trodden moulds.

Like a lot of tooling quite a bit got badly stored and was damaged,there again a lot of the tools could still be around in warehouses throughout the world ?

Athough some of the kits were not accurate by todays standards,they were a pioneer of injection moulding.

B

Bluewavestudios

Yes,

They were the aurora kits, I just found a nice link to them, having seen the list I actually had quite a few of these including the dinosaur ones too, click on the links for pics of the models.

They certainly bring back memories.

http://theclubhouse1.net/museum/modelsclassic.htm

Regards.......Mark