Al's Kanonen Vogel

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Well i got the go ahead from SWMBO and i thought i wouldn't push it with a big model. So i've plumped for a 1/72 Academy Ju-87 G-2 piloted by the highly decorated and master tank killer, Maj. Hans-Ulrich Rudel Kommodore SG2. The kit shows the aircraft in summer paint scheme but i intend to paint it in a winter scheme. If i finish this kit well in time then i have another plan for something to build. But we'll wait and see.

So here is the box art and sprues to start with.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fenlander

Very nice Allyne, great to have you on board. This will make an interesting build. Nasty looking things at the best of time but those cannons make it positively evil.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Cool subject! Those cannons certainly packed a punch.Did you know that each gun only had a magazine with six rounds?

Nasty piece of work, Rudel.

Keep us posted!

Cheers

Steve

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cool Tank buster Allyne!

I thought about one of these when I had the knocked out T34 in mind. I look forward to seeing your Russian tank killer in it's winter clothes.

Paul

B

bikerbart

This looksd a little beauty of a build, really looking forward to seeing this come together, regards Martin :smiling:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great choice allyne, im sure itll go together beautifully the academy 1/72 kits always do, looking forward to seeing it in winter camo, cheers tony

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
This is going to be a quick build. Nothing much to the aircraft itself. In fact the mini-dio base will take me alot longer as i've never done a dio before lol.

So this is how things are going so far. Going together smoothly with no problems so far (touch wood). I would recommend this kit to a new person/child to build as it's that easy. I feel a bit of a cop-out now. But i have another plan in waiting for when i finish this.

F

Fenlander

Looking good Allyne. Don't worry about it being a basic model, the main thing is that you are taking part, doesn't matter how simple or complex it is.

N

noble

A very nice looking kit there Allyne this should be intersting to keep an eye on iam intregued.

scott

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Done a little bit more of it today. I've got a feeling it's going to take longer to mask the canopy than building the aircraft lol

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Great clean build, Allyne. Graham is right-this was one evil looking SOB. :praying: Take care, Jeff

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Allyne

That is one fantastic looking Stuka you've got there. It may be a simple kit but you're doing a fabulous job with it. Actually, it looks bigger than 1/72 - which is always a good sign as it means there's plenty of detail there.

Cheers

Paul

R

rogue-one

hi allyne. thats a real nice build. a quite fancy doing one of those stuka's myself now. and masking up that canopy looks like one heck of a detailed job.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Well that's the canopy masked. I now have squares in front of me when i shut my eyes lol. Took alot of swearing and patience.

Just need to add a few little bits to the aircraft airframe then it's time to start painting.

B

bikerbart

Well done mate on a job that must have tried your patience and sanity !!! Im sure the results will be well worth the effort at the end of the build, all the best, Martin :smiling:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Well done mate on a job that must have tried your patience and sanity !!!
It was nearly as bad as when i did my He111. That was mental. But it came out great so i'm looking forward to this one. But i have to say that when it comes to bigger models i think i'm going to see if eduard do some masks for them

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Aww!!! I don't know if that's a word but I'm simply blown away with your patience! I always use masks because I'm kinda restricted to time and cut in too deep through Tamiya masking tape and leave marks in the plastic. Take care, Jeff

B

bikerbart

LOL yep i can just imagine doing the masking for a He 111...not.

Ive never used any of the Eduard masks but know many that do and they are regarded very highly. Just something on the Stuka as a plane, im not at all clued up on them, but did see a programme that included them the other day....the dives those pilots done and then pulling out of the dive....man, the G force must have been incredible!!!! All the best buddy, Martin :smiling:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Well that's it ready for painting. Only things missing are the cannons, exhausts, prop, aerial and landing light cover. I had to fill in the massive hole in the wing for the landing light. Just filled it with some putty and will paint it silver. No point in trying to add detail to it.