AMT/ERTL Millennium Falcon

T

tigertc

I seem to have been busy with work for far too long. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi with my latest project. I 'd aways wanted to build one of these and when one came up up on fleabay for next to nothing, i grabbed it

DSC00065.jpg
DSC00066.jpg

Got all trhe major parts together and still experimenting with spraying. Just the topside gun implacement to fit and a bit more touching up to do.

My son's (Tyler 8) over the moon with it though. At the end of the day that's all that counts.

B

Bunkerbarge

Hi Tiger, nice to hear from you again. I've missed your edited pictures recently!!

Love the Falcon, reminds me of my yoof (well maybe 20's!!) when I made Battlestar Galactica Vipers, X-Wing fighters etc. Brilliant.

A

alan2525

What's all this about your eight year old son being over the moon with the new falcon model? We all know that you really built it so you could make rocket and tie fighter neeeeeoooowwww sounds and swoop the thing around pretending to be han solo!

D

don_jarr

Hi mate

I built and painted one of these ages ago, and it now sits in my display cabinet. For really good pictures of the screen used one, ‘The Star Wars Archives’ book’ is brilliant. It gives really good close ups of all round, but good shots of the damaged areas. If you don’t have it and want a few scans let me know.

:smiling3: Don

B

Bunkerbarge

Hi Don and welcome to the forum. Do you have any pictures of your own Falcon that you can post? I always remember this as being quite a large and impressive kit but I never got around to making one of them.

T

tigertc

Hi Don and welcome.

Thankyou for your offer of scans but the model has gone as far as i am taking it. As it is now a "play with" model in my sons room. Any models which are handed over to my son invariably end up in pieces within a week or so. Endless hours of fun rebuilding!

Bunk, as far as the model being "large and impressive"? I am guessing that there must be two types of mil falc from amt, as the the one i built could better be described as "cheap and nasty". In fact, if it didnt have amt on the box i would have thought it was Airfix. It must be a thing with vintage kits from the 70's early eighties, I havent built one yet that didnt need several tons of filler and a heat gun.

B

Bunkerbarge

I can't remember the manufacturer of the one I am thinking of now. Maybe it is my own mind playing tricks and what seemed very large to me as a kid might not have been in reality.

I'm sure there was a good sized one at one point though with an opening cockpit and figures of Chewy and Hans Solo included.

D

don_jarr

Hi all

I have to admit it’s not huge, but it’s not a bad kit when made up. There is a newer finemoulds falcon, but you need a mortgage to buy it, and it’s even smaller than this one. However apparently it is a very well detailed model with far more small details than the AMT version.

I have pictures of my falcon, along with a B5 Starfury on my web site:

http://www.donjarrs-place.com/07-models-index-main

The only bit I am not happy with is the engine section, as the blue kinda looks odd. I’ll get round to fixing it one day.

:smiling3: Don

B

backonthecase

Just a bit of random trivia - The screen model has panels made up of a German Panther tank - the topside stern section of the Falcon!!!

And bunker - re the HUUUUUUGE toy version, was that the one that had the removable panel at the back with the gaming table in it, opening cockpit and battery compartment for sounds? My bruv had one!!!