AMT Ford Capri 2.8

M

m1ks

Built for a friend who owns a couple of 80's Capri Lasers and thinks they're cool, (no accounting for taste or rose tinted glasses but then I've never been a Ford fan)
I couldn't resist this as a thanks for various things he's done to help me and the only other Capri kit I've ever seen is a racing thing you can barely tell is a Capri at all.
It's a terrible quality kit and needed a LOT of dry fitting and fettling and a few times I thought it'd be better binned but I persevered and though i'm not entirely happy with it, it looks like a Capri.
The colour was chosen based on a conversation we had about possible respray choices.

View media item 8773
Videos here:

1 -
2-
3-
4-
Completed build and overview
Uploading

T

Trekkie_John

Looking good matey, but i would say that lol. Loving the work going into this build.

You'll have to show your friend this one......

DSCF4398.JPG

This is my Ford Capri Calypso 1.6, one of only a few Calypso's left.

Have fun, John

D

dougie

Nice work there mate. Just need to sand down those tyres to get the flash off. I didn't watch the video with sounds as I'm im a waiting area. Not sure if you mentioned that or not

J

John Huggins

Love this car m1ks, owned three of them & drove the first 2.8 off the transporter to come to Plymouth.

John

M

m1ks

Thanks, that's a cool interesting factoid, I've never been in one bigger than the 1.6
I didn't sand the Tyres Dougie as being plastic and not matching very well (or responding to styrene glue) I'd have lost a good chunk of the tread pattern had I sanded them off.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice one, love the colour...reminds of Dell boys Capri :D

vlcsnap-00002.1.jpg

M

m1ks

Thanks,
I'd forgotten all about that one, didn't Rodders call it the snotmobile? I remember Boycey was just in the process of sending it to scrap when he got the call and sold it.