.........and all I wanted was a new chair

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Hi guys
Was doing a bit on my Phantom last night and I came downstairs and said to the wife my back was killing me, I said I really need a new chair!! Later she came up to the model room and said ok we will get one tommorow from IKEA.
So early start today and arrived at IKEA Glasgow with the chair in mind.
Well I got a big big surprise ....... Wife says what about a new desk ( bench ) and some new units at the same time...... Let's make it a really good model room, you could do with it eh???
Who am I to argue?? ( gift horse and mouth come to mind!!
Well here are the pics of the new man cave ready for my stuff
Enjoy as I know I will
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Good for you Alison! More SWMBO's should realise that while we're hidden away in our man caves, we're not out on the street causing trouble!

M

Morpheus

Very nice, will leave this post open and see if my wife will do the same :rolleyes:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice Robert,but for how long,;)o_O

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Indeed, three cheers for man caves. Having only got one recently, ma'am can watch 'all those interesting programs' of hers without interference from me.

A

Awins

That will cost you dearly in the long run!!!! I bet your good lady has plans further down the line

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Thanks guys for all you kind comments. I had to make do with an old unit etc and some storage boxes out of pound land etc etc but she says if you want to make it a real proper work study area then we go all the way. Still to come will be new cutting boards and now I have to sort the existing drawers for my paints etc.
With the new shelving on the bench I'll have to invest in another storage unit for my Vallejo model air bottles ( maybe chap John at Scale Model Shop for that.
All in all a good day and I'm happy, she's happy and if SWMBO is happy then it can't be a bad outcome.
Back to the bench for my Modelling now

Regards

Robert

D

Deleted member 3568

Lucky man. Now for godsake go and get those flowers and chocolates, and probably a new set of shoes would be appreciated.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
And it's not even Wednesday. Nice one

N

noble

Looking good there mate, wives are thoughtful, yesterday my airbrush packed in and my good lady wife ordered me a new compressor with two airbrushes as a kit...... yes wives and girlfriends should be worshiped from time to time.

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
very nice you lucky man it shows she loves you to be quite ha!ha! while she watches tv but once again very nice man cave:D:D:D

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Just got some nice day light magnifier lights to finish it off so it truly is s nice man cave now.

Regards

Robert