Commercial F-27 Fokker Friendship in MSA livery

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Ralph, after a coat of varnish over the decals I cut them out and applied them to the kit. The results were satisfactory...

405556.jpg 405557.jpg

The tail markings needed additional black paint on either side of the decal using a soft mask over the decals.

405559.jpg 405560.jpg

405562.jpg 405564.jpg

Next will be the tarmac and airport equipment for the dio.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Exceptional build Richard.Brings back memories.I flew to the Channel islands several times in late 80s and into 90s on F.27s.These were from Stansted for Air u.k.Quite a bumpy ride at times crossing the channel.
Such a great model.
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Richard, glad you like the build and the memories it has brought to you.
A friend had posted these same images to ARC Here for me.

I then proceeded to scratchbuild the passenger ladder and baggage cart from memory. The plans were sketched out, calaculating the steps and scale. I remember them as made with aluminum. For mine its basically all plastic strip.

405568.jpg 405569.jpg

I remember they were manually pushed or pulled at the local airport. The baggage cart railings were bent wire and the wheels were scavenged from the Airfix Stirling bomb carts.

405570.jpg 405571.jpg

The Preiser figure helped with scale and is shaved of all detail to be made into the Air Stewardess.

405572.jpg

This is where I'm not sure if I should continue this thread in the diorama section as most of it from here on would delve on the base and figures. Kindly advise.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
With no response from the moderators...I guess they're busy, I have decided to post the dio progress in the Diorama section here.

Do pop over if you wish to see the Fokker and passengers on the tarmac. :smiling3:

Cheers,
Richard

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Richard
A very nice build love that paint scheme

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thank you Lee. It's the livery of the old coalition airlines between Singapore and Malaysia before the separation.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
Just had a good catch up. Excellent masking and the results do look superb. Well done with the decals. Nice start to the airport steps etc. Off now to the dio thread.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Jim, good of you to catch up.

Cheers,
Richard