Any requests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andygh

If it gets too specific I feel that people will be put off but I suppose it's up to individuals to have a go at which ever SIG they feel like doing

I'm no expert but the suggestions feel more like GBs than SIGs. I thought SIGs were a group of modelers interested in a specific area such as "Armoured vehicles of Italy" or "Trainer aircraft", which members then build a collection of

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As you have seen in my last post, I too think that there are a few good ideas for a group build or two. As I also pointed out the main difference between a GB and SIG I think that it is down to how the build is set up-

I could for example say GB Sci-Fi. or I could say SIG Star-wars. That will narrow it down a bit. OR I could say; Sci-fi Star wars tie fighter and that would be about as tight as it could get.

All the GB and SIG builds are all for fun and if you want to join in or not is up to the individual. What I would like here is SUGGESTIONS that could be used and is something people will want to do.

Let us say for an example Stona is encyclopaedic when it comes to The Luftwaffe. (I mean that in the nicest way) I could suggest a GB for Luftwaffe machines. He would be in like a shot. as would most of us that do aircraft. On the other hand I could suggest an SIG, Me109g there would not be as many takers, but Stona would be there, and maybe ten or more others. All building the same mk of the same aircraft but I doubt that any two would be the same: Different squadrons, different cammo etc.

That is about the best way I can describe what I think the difference between GB and SIG are.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oh I didn't see that coming from you lol

So far we have:

STEAM

ANIME

SCI-FI

ANIMAL DIO

CIVILIAN CARS

WHAT IF?

NIGHT-FIGHTERS.

What's the feelings behind a WWI dogfight?

Also while on the subject off old (pre WWII) what about vintage cars, Civil of Army?

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ian, here's an idea and something that's very rare on here and would be a great subject:

Civilian multi engined aircraft (prop. or jet)

Cheers,

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats a good point Ron. In fact I cant recall seeing one in ages...

So far we have:

STEAM

ANIME

SCI-FI

ANIMAL DIO

CIVILIAN CARS

WHAT IF?

NIGHT-FIGHTERS.

CIVIL AIRCRAFT, MULTI ENGINE.

Good one Ron.

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
Oh I didn't see that coming from you lolSo far we have:

STEAM

ANIME

SCI-FI

ANIMAL DIO

CIVILIAN CARS

WHAT IF?

NIGHT-FIGHTERS.

What's the feelings behind a WWI dogfight?

Also while on the subject off old (pre WWII) what about vintage cars, Civil of Army?

Ian M
I'm that predictable huh lol. I like the old civil prop Idea lots of good subjects to be had with that one ,I'm thinking pre war Luftwaffe 'transports'

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I'm that predictable huh lol. I like the old civil prop Idea lots of good subjects to be had with that one ,I'm thinking pre war Luftwaffe 'transports'
Yes there was some interesting "transport" or "postal services" aircraft just before the start of the war.......

Ian M

N

noble

Modern armour of different nations, e.g the challenger of the UK or the m60 of the U.S

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have just suggested a Challenger SIG. We could keep the Modern armour any nation for a future GB.

Sound like an idea?

Ian M

M

m1ks

\ said:
Yes there was some interesting "transport" or "postal services" aircraft just before the start of the war.......Ian M
Hmmm, I have a nice Revell JU52 that would fit that one well......

Tis a big un too

Last edited:
M

m1ks

ooh, ooh, mister, (raises hand).

How about a Helicopter, have a few of these and have yet to build one, at all.

Or another alternative, a vehicle from TV or a movie, this could be an OOB ready designated or a modified kit and could be anything from a motorbike / car / plane / helicopter / tank etc?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I will add Helicopter to the list, but I think the movie vehicle would be better for a GB.

So far we have:

STEAM

ANIME

SCI-FI

ANIMAL DIO

CIVILIAN CARS

WHAT IF?

NIGHT-FIGHTERS.

HELICOPTER.

M

MadHatter

What about damaged warships?

I have HMS Belfast which would fit in well, as she was hit by a mine. Just dunno how i would do it....

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hey Dan. Not sure about the damaged bit but Warships could be a good idea, more a group build though. I will pencil it on the list.

So far we have:

STEAM

ANIME

SCI-FI

ANIMAL DIO

CIVILIAN CARS

WHAT IF?

NIGHT-FIGHTERS.

HELICOPTER.

Warships ?

Ian M

M

m1ks

\ said:
What about damaged warships? I have HMS Belfast which would fit in well, as she was hit by a mine. Just dunno how i would do it....
Build, paint, throw off workbench, sweep up and arrange nicely on diorama base :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
:laughing:

I was so tempted to write that as well :laughing:

N

noble

Heh i just bought the 1/200 uss arizona so damaged warships would be cool.

scott

L

Lancasterb1

How about an Me 262 or a Meteor the first WWII Jets? Just a thought and there seems to be a lot of kits out there for these particular aircraft so there would be no trouble sourcing them. There is even a NF version of the 262 floating around.

Andy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So the ever growing list now looks like this:

STEAM

ANIME

SCI-FI