Apollo Saturn V 1:144

K

Keithmayes

K

Keithmayes

\ said:
Looks good to my eyes Keith, well done!
Thanks Leo, I appreciate that, it's just that it looks pretty good as a whole, I am quite pleased with it, but up close there are one or two areas that could be improved. Cheers. Keith

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice Keith. I never realised the kit was in sections. Very impressive. Well done.

Mistakes? Just remember the old saying....'He who never made a mistake, never made anything'.....

You are one brave cookie laying out the model on the carpet monster...I bet some bits were missing when you re-assembled the rocket!

J

John Rixon

Nice job keith, after a few issues with paint! It looks like you've hit the back of the net, great feeling isn't it? What's next on your list?

K

Keithmayes

\ said:
Nice job keith, after a few issues with paint! It looks like you've hit the back of the net, great feeling isn't it? What's next on your list?
Yes John, it is a nice feeling. It is only thanks to you and others on this forum that I managed to sort out how to paint properly! My next project is the Space Shuttle which will be delivered tomorrow, and that will be followed by Concorde. After that one of the RAF jets, maybe a Hurricane. I see a theme developing here....

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Very nice Keith,i think my cats would like it as well,as they all have very long claws lol, :D

jokes aside turned out well ;)

K

Keithmayes

\ said:
Very nice Keith,i think my cats would like it as well,as they all have very long claws lol, :D
jokes aside turned out well ;)
I am used to the jokes Monica, my wife said it would make a good toilet roll holder :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice one Keith, these Saturn V rockets are impressive :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
A plastic scratch pole :smiling3:

D

dubster72

Yep, that's a great job done there Keith. I love the tiny figures on the base, gives an idea of the size of the beastie!

Considering the troubles you had with it, you deserve a pat on the back for your perseverance & skill.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh lol, :D

\ said:
A plastic scratch pole :smiling3:
with the toilet roll holder,added the muggy s would lov it Joe, :D

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well done Keith it does look pretty good. Considering that you were ready to launch it out the window a few times you deserve a medal for perseverance.

Nice one.

First Name
Aaron
Looks all good to me Keith, a nice piece of history on a sweet base. What's next mate?

K

Keithmayes

\ said:
Well done Keith it does look pretty good. Considering that you were ready to launch it out the window a few times you deserve a medal for perseverance.
Nice one.
Yes, it did get frustrating at times but I never, ever, give up.

K

Keithmayes

\ said:
Nice one Keith, these Saturn V rockets are impressive :smiling3:
They certainly were. I only wish I could have been there to see one take off, apparently the vibrations could be felt on your ribs from over a mile away. Considering they burned 13 tons of fuel a second it's not surprising, and I thought 26 mpg was poor.

D

dougie

\ said:
They certainly were. I only wish I could have been there to see one take off, apparently the vibrations could be felt on your ribs from over a mile away. Considering they burned 13 tons of fuel a second it's not surprising, and I thought 26 mpg was poor.
I wish I got 26mpg :confused: but I get a few miles a pint of water when on the bike...