Are Zvezda figures any good?

J

Jack10

just wondering what you figure painters out there thought about zvezda 1/35 figures as I've never had them before but have seen a kit that I like the look off. A Russian recon team. I've been painting masterbox, Tamiya and dragon lately and am quite happy with the quality of their kits. What are zvezda like in comparison?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Jack...I can't vouch for 1/35, but if they are as good as their 1/72 offerings then all is good.

Some people poo poo Zvesda because their kits tend to be cheaper than 'Main Stream' offerings, but I find them first class.

Here is a 1/72 Zvesda German Soldier I painted a while back for a diorama. Plenty of detail and hard plastic! Are you reading this Airfix? - and other 1/72 figure manufacturers!

The Old Mill 150.jpg

J

Jack10

Wow he looks incredible for 1/72 nice work painting that! Looks better than what I can do at 1/35!

Well I went and bought them anyway as I didn't have any response on here I thought I'd just risk it. IMG_1817.jpg
Only had a quick look inside the box and they seem fairly good quality. Weren't cheap though compared to the other sets in the store though, are they usually one of the cheaper brands?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
1/72's tend to be cheaper. But as I wrote, I can't vouch for either the quality or comparative price of 1/35, having never bought Zvesda in that scale.

However, based on the excellent 1/72 stuff, I can only presume the larger scale will be just as good - I hope so, or my blitherings will be of no use to you.........:sad:

Just had a close look at the artwork above - The prisoner looks a lot like 'Adolf' himself!

J

Jack10

Haha he does! Although the figure in the box looks nothing like the one in the artwork. Doesn't have glasses or a rag in his mouth! Does have a nice little iron cross on him though. Nice trophy for the Russians.