Armour Non GB

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I've had these kits in the stash for some time. The Panther's been half-built and left on the shelf for about a year now, so perhaps now's the time to finish it off! I think whilst I have the 'dark yellow paint' in the airbrush I may as well do the half track as well. I'll be doing these alongside the Typhoons I've got under way so I may or may not but it'll be fun to do and the kits need completing.

Looking forward to all the small scale armour.

Cheers

Paul

View attachment 22597

View attachment 29394

1_72 Armour01.jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Got a bit of progress on the 2 1/72 kits above which have been joined by an 88mm! I've decided to build all the 1/72 armour kits I've got in one go, I'm doing these along side the riveting of my 1/32 Typhoon for a bit of light relief!

All the kits were very nice to build. The Sd kfz 251 required a bit of adjustment to get the stowage bins and the fenders to sit properly but other than that they were pretty straight forward. The Panther received a metal barrel that I already had but apart from that everything was OOB. The 88mm isn't strictly a Flak 36, as stated on the box, as the trailers are different (the kit's trailers are basically the same as the previous Flak 18 kit) but I'm letting little things like that slide and just enjoying the builds.

I think they build up into nice little kits. They will soon be acquiring some paint and I've decided these would make good test subjects for the Vallejo Primer I've recently purchased (I let you know how I get on with it next time).

Hope you like them.

Cheers

Paul

View attachment 22735View attachment 22736View attachment 22737

I've also got a Sherman mkV and a Firefly to go with these kits so perhaps this is the start of a diorama.

View attachment 29501

View attachment 29502

View attachment 29503

Halftrack.jpg

Panther.jpg

Flak36.jpg