Attaching models to bases

First Name
Dave
Maybe a silly question but do you folks glue/permanently attach your models to bases/dioramas?

Dave

D

dubster72

No such thing as a silly question Dave. I usually drill a hole through the bottom of the hull & then screw it to the base.

Failing that, PVA glue works!

T

T. van Vuuren

for aircraft I put a drop of medium cyno on the wheels and simply stick it down.

Theuns

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Depends on the base, but generally I drill the bottom of the wheels and insert a piece of wire long enough to pass through holes in the base. Put the model on the base, passing the wires through the holes and then semi-permannetly fix the wire to the underside of the base (I've used everything from Blu-Tac to gaffer tape).
Cheers
Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I give figures a wire in the bottom of their foot if they are standing and push it into the (foam) base.
Aircraft just sat sitting there, Only put them on a base sometimes for a photo, then it's removed and put on a shelf.
Armour....Hmmm They normally go on a base with so much mud and muck that they just stay put. Otherwise again just lose on a base for a photo then off to the shelves.
If you are going to show them in a contest a little sign "This model is not attached to the base" more often than not prevents judges tipping them off the base.
But it has happened!

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Since I have started to make bases for my builds and have used iether a small nail (panel pin) or rigid wire that is glued into a hole in the base and the slid or glued into another matching hole in the underside of the model. Whatever works for you.

I find that this works especially well for those random bits on a dio that tend to get accidentally knocked off in transit or handling.o_O:smiling3:

P

phikoleoputra

I use a double sided tape, cut it really small to hide it. Sometimes CA glue