Aurora Dune Buggy

P

PWick

A very nice 1/32nd scale kit.................
SAM_3543_zpswpdpvilx.jpg

Realising that it was a reasonably old kit, I scanned the decals to my PC and sized them on a Word page. Although I gave the decals a couple of coats of gloss clear they still collapsed when trying to lay them onto the body. So I printed the Word image onto a new clear decal sheet, then after drying gave them two coats of gloss clear and used those in the build.
58_zpsslfkqnk9.jpg

61_zpsuhbyyhql.jpg

69_zpsueajal1z.jpg

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Different and very nicely done!!:cool:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Nice clean build, and cute little vehicle. The little "dune bugs" as they were called were very popular on the coasts in the 60s and 70s but are rather archaic nowa-days.
Many do still exist and are somewhat collectors items today.

Jim:smiling3:

P

PWick

Thanks guys, I look for unusual kits and would love to own, say, a 1:1 Meyers Manx someday, but being a retiree need to win the Lotto!

D

dougie

Nice wee buggy, you have done a good job on that background too. I have one ready to paint and yours looks tmreally good

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice clean neat build,Patrick,do like how its turned out,well done,;)

P

PWick

Thanks to you all, I left the body in the yellow plastic, polished it, added the new decals, and gave two coats of clear gloss. The tyres are plastic in two pieces, all the outside and tread area in one piece plus just a backing type inner, and painted the flat surface matt black, as all of the tyres were very shiny in the box!