Autoblinda AB 40 Ferroviaria

• Thread starter Deleted member 5819
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5819

Autoblinda AB 40 Ferroviaria in Italian markings rail version with train tracks on a small diorama .

The AB 40 armoured car was devised for the Italian Royal Army in the late 1930s, to replace the old Lancia models. The vehicle was innovative at the time, being a four-wheel drive with separate suspensions and two driving positions. The armoured car was fitted with two 8mm machine guns in the turret and another in the rear of the hull, but was only built in small numbers for evaluation purposes, as development of the more sophisticated AB 41 was already underway. A few of the models were turned into tracked patrol vehicles as the wheels could be replaced with rail wheels and relative braking systems. A few of these vehicles were used in Yugoslavia by the Italian forces and, later, by the Germans.

Thank you for taking the time to look .

All my models are hand painted

Last edited by a moderator:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great work Peter;) Unique subject, great weathering, rail tracks look great, I like very much.............Jim:smiling3:

N

norm

Looks wonderful, how was the build? My LHS has had one of these for ages, always been tempted.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work,Peter,real like,this one,wel done on the weathering and track work,
well done,;)

D

Deleted member 5819

Looks wonderful, how was the build? My LHS has had one of these for ages, always been tempted.
Hi Eirc, thanks had no prob's with the build, I did mod's to the track,the rail track was held down with nuts & bolts but model ones where just blobs so they where removed and replaced .

Made the front rear sand boxes cables as they are missing