Bad Boys (Tigers!!)

D

Dave S4

From a recent trip to Dorset...065.JPG066.JPG068.JPG069.JPG
There would've been more, but the power went off and we had to leave...!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
What a shame Dave:anguished:. I believe you can go back as many times as you want during the year with the same ticket???

Thanks for sharing the photos:thumb2:

D

Dave S4

Thanks Steve.
There are more, which I can post tomorrow.
We'd almost finished when the lights went out (the Thousand Yard Stare was beginning to develop).
I'll put the other pics on later (other nations and periods).
A good museum.
DS

D

Dave S4

041.JPG
A Renault tank WW1, with some bloke stood nearby for scale.
043.JPG
The Whippet 'Light' tank commanded by Sewell when he won his posthumous VC: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Sewell
044.JPG
A Carden Lloyd (I think) tankette. Ah, austerity... this was a serious proposition.
047.JPG
The LOVELY Vickers VIB...
050.JPG
...with a Cruiser behind (A13...?) There was supposed to be an A9 somewhere in here, but I never found it cos the place was plunged into darkness.
Pity: that's a favourite.

D

Dave S4

Thanks - there are some pics online, but it's not the same...

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Wait, I got it wrong. It’s probably a Cruiser Mk. III (A13) reworked to Cruiser Mk. IV (A13 Mk. II) standards — see my comment earlier about the numbers :smiling3: A13 is the cruiser tank with the Christie suspension with large roadwheels. Cruiser Mk. III is the initial model of that, Cruiser Mk. IV is the same vehicle with additional armour on the turret like the one in your photo; this is also what makes it an A13 Mk. II. Because it has a Vickers coaxial machine gun, it’s either a “plain” Mk. IV and not a Mk. IVA (which has a Besa coaxial), or a reworked Cruiser Mk. III; looking at the mantlet, I suspect the latter.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
If the WD number painted on the tank is correct, it may be possible to determine definitively :smiling3: