Before The Bulge and one of my earliest

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's a very nice Dio. Richard.......way better than my abilities allow. The snow packed road is definitely spot on as others have said.....a big well done to you Sir. Rick H. :thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Richard, I grew up in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (7th coldest major city in the world with an average temp lower than Moscow - true!). I know cold and snow when I see it, and you NAILED it!. It gave me nightmares of Winnipeg winters (I now live on the 'balmy' West Coast).

May I ask what the snow was made of?
Thanks, I was lucky with plaster of paris diluted in water or sifted dry over the surface. When diluted in water basically 40% of the powder and 60% water I got to pour it over the base and it coagullated smooth like icing sugar. You have to work fast though. The dry stuff acted as new snow and not melted yet by the suns rays.
I got the idea when experimenting making plaster molds for some of my building structures and noticed it had a smooth texture like melted snow seen in pictures. I've never seen snow up close.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That's a very nice Dio. Richard.......way better than my abilities allow. The snow packed road is definitely spot on as others have said.....a big well done to you Sir. Rick H. :thumb2:
Thank you, this is one of the few dios I haven't put in a competition. It wouldn't stand a chance now. I just realised I had done another snowed dio with the Hurtgen forest Big Guys On The Move. The tanks are missing winter camo or any ice on the tracks...never quite complete it properly.

Cheers,
Richard