Beowulf's Gaz-66, 1/35, Eastern Express

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Thanks for sharing the SBS guide on the crate. Wonderful stuff

Can you now do an SBS on how you got the "scotch mist, freshly collected from the fog farms, you know the ones, right next door to the Cornish cream mine where the wild haggis roam freely" into the box please:smiling3::smiling5:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks for sharing the SBS guide on the crate. Wonderful stuff

Can you now do an SBS on how you got the "scotch mist, freshly collected from the fog farms, you know the ones, right next door to the Cornish cream mine where the wild haggis roam freely" into the box please:smiling3::smiling5:

thought every one knew that!

you use a net on a stick to catch the mist early in the morning when its fresh then quickly seal it in cans

2d8pc82.jpg

you just use the crates to move the cans in bulk

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
definatly not proving to be the nicest kit......first time ive tried Meng paint (apparently its the same as AK stuff)......airbrushed really nicely i must say, straight from the bottle

zn7bc6.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
back to this one

definatly one of the worst kits ive ever done

to get the cab, spare wheel carrier and the truck bed to fit to the chassis had to do a bit on surgery to each one

next step is sort out the wheels and some little bits, then want to try something new to add some mud

21mxoqp.jpg

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
It can be quite soul destroying having to deal with badly designed kits. You look like you are beating it into submission though. I hope it eases up on you with the next stage

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
and finished..........more pics in the finished thread

truely dreadful kit (and i have another in the stash!!!), if anyone is thinking of tackling it they should know the instructions are rubbish, theres no paint callout or diagram to show where the decals go......nothing seems to fit.......when i had to attach the cab, wheel carrier and truck bed to the chassis all needed some minor surgery

ive misplaced the wing mirrors,.......they were a bit fragile and i had to scratch some angled brackets, i can remember painting them but cant find them now......if they turn up i shall add them

decided to use it as a test subject for the splatter nozzle on my air brush to add some mud, had it a while but never used it. can see how it works but need some more practice

23kq0wh.jpg

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Well you finally beat it into submission Paul. Its great to see someone stick with the build no matter what, all the way up to the end. I will pop over and have a look at the finished photos.