Beowulfs King Tiger, 1/72, Esci

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so while the Su is put on the back burner to give the oils a chance to dry i need a side project, what better than to join in with another GB

thought a braille scale tank would be ideal

this is a really old kit.....thought it was from the 80's but according to Scalemates it was new tool in 1974!.....looks nicely moulded but ive always found Esci plastic to be a bit brittle

have no intention of doing the Ambush camo as on the box art.....thinking of a dark yellow with either a brown or green stripey pattern on top

the weird thing is it comes with plastic and 'rubber band' tracks.....you take your pick....thing is they both look crap lol

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
added some ballast and got the two halves of the hull glued together

eiqukk.jpg

2my17rs.jpg

P

Polux

Let's see how it turns!! :D
Nice to see one of these at that scale. Keep the updates coming ;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Now I'm certainly not an armour type person, but I though only we fly boys added weight. So what's the story here ?

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
. So what's the story here ?

it was a tip i picked up somewhere for 1/35 scale armour.....if you add some weight as ballast it sits on the rubber tracks better, and if you handle it it dosnt feel so 'toy like'......its habit to do it now, even to little tiddlers in this scale ;)

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
time for a sitrep

forgot to take some pics but im this far......

base coat of dark yellow, dark green stripyness, clear coat on top, decals on then a dirty black enamel wash

next step is the crappy tracks on and a matt varnish top coat then some muddy stuff

tamiya jar for scale