Bi-Plane

S

SHAZAD HUSSAIN

Hi guys just need a bit of advice apart from rigging wire which I have for rigging a bi-plane, I know I need to buy turnbuckles is there anything else that I need to buy to do the rigging. First time for me. Cheers

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
What are you using for rigging ? In the past I've used either EZ line or fine fishing wire. In 1:48 scale, I make tiny rigging 'eyes' then drill and CA glue these into position.
IMG_0343.JPG
So each location point will have it's own eye. With a bit of careful thought, one piece of rigging wire (fishing line) can run quite a long way, making the actual process of rigging quite easy.
IMG_0338.JPG

For turn buckles I used these pre-cut tubes from 'Albion Alloys' I think, but I can't be sure.
Rigging.JPG

The above wing is probably only 2 or 3 single pieces of fishing line, and using eyes, means more than one wire can pass through the same rigging point, making life so much easier.
I hope this helps - good luck.

S

SHAZAD HUSSAIN

I got some Uschi rigging. So what are using to make the eyelets. looks good that Plane.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Fantastic suggestion! Thanks Colin, I'll keep that in mind!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I got some Uschi rigging. So what are using to make the eyelets. looks good that Plane.
I'm not familiar with Uschi rigging but it seems like good stuff. For the eyelets, I just use strip some wire and use a single fine piece and bend it around a former (very small drill will do) and twist. It won't always work, I make a load and select the better ones to use..
Fantastic suggestion! Thanks Colin, I'll keep that in mind!
Glad you found it useful. It's not the only way to rig a model, but it works for me.

S

SHAZAD HUSSAIN

Cheers my fellow Modellers.. Live Long and Prosper.