Bob's Modern Tracked Armour GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Builder

Hi all,

I know that there was a Modern Armour GB in 2012 but that was 4 years ago, 

I think it is the 100th anniversary of the tank and so I propose we do a Modern Tracked Armour GB. So build any tank model kit that was used post WWII. I like to keep this a very broad/wide topic to increase participation;  You can build any armoured tracked vehicles such as Tanks, Artillery, Anti Aircraft (SPAGS), APC, and IFV in any scale. The vehicle must have started service after WWII. Dioramas (small, large or super large!) are fine as well

As a kind of prize, at the end of the GB, I will do up ONE video with a few pictures of each completed model and will post it on Scale Model Forums, just something I would like to do as I like doing picture videos and also it might even increase participation.

I hope this is ok with you Ian?

Last edited:
T

tommy1drop

I'd second that, let's hope that there is enough support for this one ;)

D

dubster72

I could be persuaded to join in on this one... ok I'm in! I think I've got a Bronco Type 99 hiding somewhere.

B

Builder

I'd second that, let's hope that there is enough support for this one ;)

Thanks Tommy!

I could be persuaded to join in on this one... ok I'm in! I think I've got a Bronco Type 99 hiding somewhere.

I had a feeling you'd join in Patrick mate! A very good choice, a very detailed kit that one, I've got a Hobby Boss Type 99 (though I might not build it for this GB as I have a few others I want out of the way first), but I know the Bronco kit has much more detail so will see how that turns out. 

Awesome, now I need 6 more!!!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
id be interested but cant commit til we know a start date

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yep, if a few more members join in, Ill check with Ian in regards to a time frame and let you know Paul. 

You decide how long and when to start, as long as there is adequate time for people to get it together, buy in, plan and such things.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
s GB. So build any tank model kit that was used post WWII. I like to keep this a very broad/wide topic to increase participation. 

Now you say tank.... Are we talking big gun and turret on tracks tank or armour that runs on tracks... SPAGS and the like..

B

Builder

Now you say tank.... Are we talking big gun and turret on tracks tank or armour that runs on tracks... SPAGS and the like..

Should have clarified..  it is modern armour that runs on tracks. Not armoured vehicle not half track. Full track with armour so SPAGS are fine. Artillery on tracks, Tracked anti aircraft are all fine too.. I hope that clarifies. 

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
In that case you can add me. Seen a few good modern tracked armour, both regular tanks and anti-aircraft jobbies.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Depending time place...I'll see what I can do!

Lee :smiling3:

B

Builder

id be interested but cant commit til we know a start date

Depending time place...I'll see what I can do!

Lee :smiling3:

Hey Paul, and Lee so the time frame is Jan 1st - May 1st. That's about 2.5 months away and should get us enough time to get kits if needed. 

In that case you can add me. Seen a few good modern tracked armour, both regular tanks and anti-aircraft jobbies.

Thanks Ian. How do I get the title changed to "Modern Tracked Armour - GB Suggestion" and also can the first post be edited to include

"GB Rules - You can build any armoured tracked vehicles such as Tanks, Artillery, Anti Aircraft (SPAGS), APC, and IFV in any scale. The vehicle must have started service after WWII. Dioramas (small, large or super large!) are fine as well. "

Thanks! 

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey Paul, and Lee so the time frame is Jan 1st - May 1st. That's about 2.5 months away and should get us enough time to get kits if needed. 

thats a great time slot so count me in,,,,,,4 months should be ample time

i dont need to get something....this has been in the stash for nearly 9 years and needs to be built lol

2u7nh3s.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Ian. How do I get the title changed to "Modern Tracked Armour - GB Suggestion" and also can the first post be edited to include

Done. Dont forget to keep an eye on the takers and make a list, that way it only needs to be updated once in a while.

Just found a Leopard2 A6 in the stash, so either that or the new(ish) Meng Geopard SPAAG will be my shot at this.

B

Builder

Done. Dont forget to keep an eye on the takers and make a list, that way it only needs to be updated once in a while.

Just found a Leopard2 A6 in the stash, so either that or the new(ish) Meng Geopard SPAAG will be my shot at this.

Thanks for that Ian mate

So we have 5 Confirmed:

• Builder (Host)
  • tommy1drop
  • dubster72
  • beowulf
  • IanM

1 Probable:

• mr grumpylee

So I need 3 more confirms 

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well if I can pickup some think I like,and I will be in for sure I do enjoy these builds, :D

I just cannot say know,oh me oh my, :D :D

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
, so either that or the new(ish) Meng Geopard SPAAG will be my shot at this.

id be interested to know what thats like..........i have an interest in everything anti aircraft (my time in the Regiment was on AAA) and have a large collection of unbuilt AAA themed kits that will one day get built as a project ( i keep adding to the collection lol).....ive got the Tamiya one with lots of Eduard pe extras 

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Count me in Bob, I'll have something to do by then  :smiling3:

Lee  :smiling3:

D

dubster72

I'm definitely up for this one. Not sure what I'll build, I've a Bronco Type 99 or maybe the old Tamiya Gepard? Maybe the latter as a ' 'Red Storm Rising' what-if Hind killer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.