Boy am I pleased

peterairfix

Modeling Mad for it
First Name
peter
A while back I was doing a Eduard 1\48 109 and I didn't appear to have a nose for the prop fearing I couldn't finish it I stuffed it back in the box but while doing a sort of spring clean I moved the sofa and lo and behold there was said part and I am off to glue it on before it disappears again.
And here's the offending part. WP_20180819_10_07_35_Pro.jpg

Jim R

SMF Poster
First Name
Jim
I suppose the 'Sofa Monster' is a relative of the well known Carpet Monster. The SM does seem kinder as he did give you back the part :smiling4:
Jim

stillp

SMF Poster
First Name
Peter
I'm jealous. I've just given up looking for an idler wheel for my Sherman that pinged off while I was fitting the tracks.:disappointed:

Pete

yak face

First Name
tony
Pete , do me a favour and have another look under the sofa, is there a gunsight for a yak 9 and a control column for a CAC boomerang ? I lost them years ago and i looked everywhere for them , and you know how far things can bounce when you drop them on the floor!:smiling5::smiling5::smiling5:

peterairfix

Modeling Mad for it
First Name
peter
Funny thing is it's been missing since last December but I didn't even know I had lost it as I naturally thought being a second hand kit it wasn't there in the first place.

John Race

Plastic burner and member of the Rabble
First Name
John
Pete .
Good news.
Perhaps we should model on the floor in an empty room !
Found a missing hinge yesterday, but worryingly also found a hand on the floor. Now where and to who this belongs to is a mystery.

John.

First Name
Tim
I think we could do a whole thread on missing bits...I lost the back hatch door of an Skdfz 263 about four years ago during the paint phase. It’s pretty big as these things go, about a centimetre square. I have never found it, and have yet to finish the kit....the loss killed my mojo stone dead on that one....

Jakko

SMF Poster
First Name
Jakko
It certainly helps to clean the place every so often, I discovered when I bought a compressor a few months ago and needed to make room for it. I found a number of small bits that had gotten lost on the floor over the years (I don’t clean my hobby room often otherwise :smiling3:).