Centurion ARV Mk.2

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Tracks primed, wheels weathered, last bits under manufacture for the winch housing, just going around and around to find what has been missed. Here is a last pic of the rear winch house wall before it becomes part of the winch house altogether, hopefuly tomorrow I can prime up the winch house interior ready for paint.
Cheers
MikeC.rearwallfin.jpg

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update....
Now waiting for the cement etc on the air cleaners to fully dry out, photo for comparrison, also made a start on the CO2 bottle.
Cheers,
MikeC.
air cleaners1.jpg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
It is such a shame it's all going to be covered up. It's been a joy watching it come together. Keep it comin mate

D

Deleted member 5819

It's more than a same it's a b••••y travesty.
Pete :sleeping2::sleeping2::sleeping2:.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Just had a read through this mike - unbelievable skills ! Its a proper lesson in scratchbuilding and real modelling. Your detailing is superb ,as others have said its a crying shame its going to be all but invisible . keep the pics coming , cheers tony

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mike
The guys have said it all. I am in awe of the work you are doing - stunning.
Jim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Mike,

That base look great....these new AK diorama products do the business, should make a nice place for the ARV to live.

I do agree, ‘Tis a shame that interiors get hidden but I always like to think if you take enough pictures as you build, you can always see them whenever you want:smiling4:

Si

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Mike,

Such good stuff Sir!!! No words to describe it, so I'll just sit back, stare at it and drool all over the place……………………

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Perfect word Allen .
Drooling in large amounts at your skill Mike .
Is the majority of the pipe work done using solder, it bends it the right places and looks spot on .
This is as someelse said great scratchery .
John.

First Name
Lee
Hi Mike

Just caught up with this one. Absolutely fantastic. Scratching at its finest. One to be more than proud off.

Regards Lee

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Steve Jones, Peter Low, Tony, Jim R, Si, Allen (drooling), Lee and John R.
Many thanks to you all for your comments and support.
John,
It's a combination of different thicknesses of solder wire and copper wire.
Update....
I have now had to call it a day with the interior, not through lack of interest but lack of space and information. The space is at a premium and without drawings etc a lot of this work has been look, guess, glue, undo, redo and curse. But at some point you have to say stop, so the photo below is of the last items added before a coat of black primer, and this is where I need an airbrush with a flexi hose to get me into all of the crevices.
Cheers.
MikeC.
int8.jpg

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Unbelievable Mike, such attention to detail and brilliant modelling skills.
Mick

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mick,
Many thanks.
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
The radio is complete and is now in primer, and the welding gear is now ready to be stowed away. Sorry for the poor quality photo's, must clean glasses.
Cheers,
MikeC.
radio1.jpg
weldgear1.jpg

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
:flushed: Mike .
Thanks for the heads up on the cable / pipe work .Going to get some small solder gauges from Evil bay .

You must be proud of this , it's suberb, love the attention to detail and the last photo of the cables says it all .
:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
John

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
MIKE.... MIKE.... MIKE....what can i say.... l'm speechless... the research and the details that you put in this build is absolutely FANTASTIC...
BRAVO...
i can't wait to see the final steps of your build.... WONDERFUL....

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John,
My pleasure, you could also try Plus Model lead wire. The welding gear photo was abysmal....
Scottie,
Many thanks as usual.
Greg,
I wish i could have had scale drawings instead of photos, plus lots of little 1/35 scale figures to do the work. Hopefull it will be finished Saturday evening.
Cheers
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update.....
The radio and the winch operators instrument panel are now complete and in place, just a few little jobs now such as fasteners, number plate etc and I can get the top of the job primed, the underside was primed earlier today, and hopefully paint on Friday/Saturday morning. A lot of the side items such as exhausts, rear stowage baskets, wheels and tracks have already been top coated, so once the main hull is painted, then it will be final assembly.
Cheers,
MikeC.
radio2.jpg